1992 Santa Clara Vanguard

2 hours ago, gak27 said:

Here's another early season version, this time with the guard's "costume change":

Oh my God...the roar in Madison was incredible as theydid it....can you imagine if they had done it in these uniforms???

• Like 2

All I know is that drumline was full of talent (Jeff Queen, Nick Angelis, Walter Powell, Colin McNutt, Murray Gusseeck, Camden McConnell, Vince Gardner, Matt Altmire, etc) , that book was ridiculous. And that tenor line, the best SCV has had until 2016 (IMHO). And Scott Johnson was the Drumline caption head. (the mullet in full regalia)

Edited by Jeffe77

21 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Surprised the guard just stands along the back sideline for nearly three minutes at the end, obviously not having learned the rest of their routine yet; can't remember seeing a World Class guard do that in recent years even in the first shows -- or am I forgetting some examples?

More common than you think in the 90's, heck when SCV toured SoCal in 1999, their closer was just a standstill. SoCal never got to see what the closer was like until the Finals broadcast.

41 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

All I know is that drumline was full of talent (Jeff Queen, Nick Angelis, Walter Powell, Colin McNutt, Murray Gusseeck, Camden McConnell, Vince Gardner, Matt Altmire, etc) , that book was ridiculous. And that tenor line, the best SCV has had until 2016 (IMHO). And Scott Johnson was the Drumline caption head. (the mullet in full regalia)

After a couple of minutes, had to stop watching.  The lack of smooth video movement was too much.  Was that a beer on the ground in Part 1?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

After a couple of minutes, had to stop watching.  The lack of smooth video movement was too much.  Was that a beer on the ground in Part 1?

Probably, if I heard correctly, after finals the BD truck had decent supply of beer to share.

staff behavior at warmups was a lot different back then

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

staff behavior at warmups was a lot different back then

You mean drum caption heads drinking beer in front of the line during warmups?  Saw it.

Or entire brass staffs drinking Old Style out of a cooler in the back of the caption head's Saab before the show?  Saw it.

Or drinking multiple beers on the staff bus after leaving the show site?  Lived it.

I'm actually glad that isn't the ways it's done any more.

• Like 1