Dear Crown Brass Staff Peoples:

What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sign this petition for the arc!!

• Yea I prefer sitting in the arc
    • Nah, circle it up

Please please please for the love of god... have your hornline in an arc instead of a circle for show warmups! I completely understand the purpose for the circle, but save that for rehearsals. We wanna get slapped in the face with that sound at the shows in the lot. Kinda hard to do standing outside of the circle and behind the players. I have seen the arc plenty of times at show warmups.. but I get so mad I want to punch something when you guys get in the circle lol.

Edited by JustinDMoore
  • Like 9

Its a warm up... not a performance.

Want to get blown away? Buy a ticket to the show.

Thanks for the negative comment. Wouldn't be DCP without them. I buy plenty of tickets to shows. It's nice to get up close and personal with the hornlines though. And while it's just a "warm up", it's still quite an impressive performance where you see and hear things you won't in a show (like Rocky Point, Space Chords, tags from a corps' previous years shows, etc.).

So you go watch the show and that's one less person to battle a spot for in the lot. I'll catch the next show.

• Like 4

I'm indifferent, but I think there's more to DCI than the show. When it's showday, I hop from rehearsal space to rehearsal space listening to different groups. I LOVE IT. I also enjoy before the show seeing them (the hornlines) warming up and playing excerpts. :)

• Like 2

At the last warm-up I took in awhile back, I overheard the "brass warm-up dude" remark to an associate how he wished the corps didn't have to do them. It's all for show. The brass line's been warming up most of the day.

• Like 2

FYI- on occasion they DO arc up instead of circle up, but Crown’s “Norm” is to circle up…plus it gives Crown age-outs a “Special Treat” to get inside that circle. I guess your plea should to be taken up with Mr. Harloff and not DCP.

I know last year (when I joined them on tour) after the initial warm-up they did exercises and show segments in different page drill sets. They even did at Finals.

• Like 2

Please please please for the love of god... have your hornline in an arc instead of a circle for show warmups! I completely understand the purpose for the circle, but save that for rehearsals. We wanna get slapped in the face with that sound at the shows in the lot. Kinda hard to do standing outside of the circle and behind the players. I have seen the arc plenty of times at show warmups.. but I get so mad I want to punch something when you guys get in the circle lol.

Yeah, clearly you COMPLETELY understand the purpose. It has nothing at all to do with the members or building up pre show hype.

• Like 2

I think most corps realize that the warm ups are as much for fans as they are for the members, and I challenge you to find a member who doesn't get more hype out of a big crowd of fans responding to their lot show than they do staring at the opposite side of a circle.

• Like 1