Dear Crown Brass Staff Peoples:

What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sign this petition for the arc!!

• Yea I prefer sitting in the arc
    • Nah, circle it up

Here's an interesting thought:

New rule: All corps must complete the playing warm-up by the time the National Anthem starts. No playing of any kind after that. (Obviously we'll modify the rule for regionals).

But some corps are performing well after the shows begin, so their lips won't still be warm by the time they would go on.

I personally don't mind the horns and drums warming up after a contest begins, AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR IT!

There have been (all too few) shows in the past where corps warmed up far away from the stadium, and then were bussed in. This, of course, is easier for the horn lines than the drum lines, (especially the front ensembles).

• Like 2

Here's an interesting thought:

New rule: All corps must complete the playing warm-up by the time the National Anthem starts. No playing of any kind after that. (Obviously we'll modify the rule for regionals).

So how would that work at a show with 6-7+ corps?

Corps that go on later would have to end rehearsal early so they can warm up sooner. Warm up areas would be PACKED with corps and those later corps would go on cold.

So how would that work at a show with 6-7+ corps?

Corps that go on later would have to end rehearsal early so they can warm up sooner. Warm up areas would be PACKED with corps and those later corps would go on cold.

Well, it would certainly even the rehearsal playing field, wouldn't it?

We as fans are invited to witness the warm-ups. We as fans are not inviting the corps to come play for us prior to the shows.

But here's an idea that might make the corps some money. Do the circle because that's what you feel helps the horn line best hear itself. However, consider opening up a hole a few feet wide for fans to enter. Have a tip jar on a small table at the front of the hole. The tip jar would have a sign that states something like the following:

"Feel free to come on in and please leave a donation to encourage us to keep doing this. So the members aren't distracted, please sit down and quietly enjoy what you are about to witness."

Is that doable or is it a dumb idea? (I've had dumb ideas before.)

I guess there could be an addition made to the sign that states, "This offer is only good for up to ten minutes before the contest starts. At that point, we will request all fans to leave the circle and go into the stadium to watch and support all the corps."

THAT would generate some serious good PR.

Boo: While there always have been former MMs and future hopefuls in the warm-up area (which is fine) the issue of a large number of general paying fans failing to go into the stadium to watch all of the corps perform, and just watching the G7 corps warm-up then following the G7 corps into the stadium, really began to increase exponentially when many associated with the top G7 corps began to 'invite' folks to do that very thing via web postings, blogging, texting, and tweeting. "Come watch us warm-up; get the up-close experience you cannot get in the stadium; see the show behind the scenes before the real show in the stadium (us) begins;..." This 'come see us warm-up not them perform' focus has been the formal and informal mantra of many within the G7 for the past few years.

• Like 1

Thanks for the negative comment. Wouldn't be DCP without them.

I think it's ok to "want" the arc... it is a compliment to Crown. I understand but I also wouldn't expect any corps to care a hoot what wanderers in the lot want. It's their time to blow their special stuff in any matter they deem fit. I consider myself fortunate just to be in a lot when corps are warming up. This year I can only dream of it. I'm missing all shows, all warm ups. :(

I don’t get this ‘in the lot’ thing

Warm ups are boring, playing them and watching them

I was always annoyed by people watching us warm up (pre-‘in the lot’ days) – it felt like they were crashing our private time to get ready for a show – they were distracting

I feel the Lot fans are the faker bando because if they knew, they’d know where the show really was

Friends and family visiting you in the lot are excluded from this rant because they are just trying to get a few minutes with you and aren’t some drooling, boot licking bando hacks (hopefully)

I miss the days of if you could see it or hear it from the stadium, penalty

• Like 5

I don’t get this ‘in the lot’ thing

Warm ups are boring, playing them and watching them

I was always annoyed by people watching us warm up (pre-‘in the lot’ days) – it felt like they were crashing our private time to get ready for a show – they were distracting

I feel the Lot fans are the faker bando because if they knew, they’d know where the show really was

Friends and family visiting you in the lot are excluded from this rant because they are just trying to get a few minutes with you and aren’t some drooling, boot licking bando hacks (hopefully)

I miss the days of if you could see it or hear it from the stadium, penalty

Ever counted the number of corps jackets at a warmup? I think you have it completely backward. The bandos are in the stands (which is great) the lot observers are made up overwhelmingly of current and former marching members. The current ones being the members from early corps to perform that can't wait to get out of uniform and go check out the lot shows.

Ever counted the number of corps jackets at a warmup? I think you have it completely backward. The bandos are in the stands (which is great) the lot observers are made up overwhelmingly of current and former marching members. The current ones being the members from early corps to perform that can't wait to get out of uniform and go check out the lot shows.

Hey Bozzly... let's test your theory: Ask Justin (the OP) if he is a Crown age-out wearing his Crown jacket wanting to support his old corps during warm-up. Go ahead, ask him.