Dear Crown Brass Staff Peoples:

What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sign this petition for the arc!!

• Yea I prefer sitting in the arc
    • Nah, circle it up

I don’t get this ‘in the lot’ thing

Warm ups are boring, playing them and watching them

Not defending the lot here, but in today's world of DCI the battery warm-ups and street-beats are many times more exciting, more technical, way cleaner, and way more cooler than the actual show music; just sayin'.

I'm kinda split. On one hand, I totally just want to hear the sheer power and brilliancy of their hornline, but on the other, it's their warm-up and they gotta do what they gotta do, and I respect that.

I've seen YouTube videos of them in a circle and them in an arc before shows. Hopefully when I see them next I can catch them in an arc at some point. If not, watching them perform on the field is more than enough for me as well. thumbup.gif

Not defending the lot here, but in today's world of DCI the battery warm-ups and street-beats are many times more exciting, more technical, way cleaner, and way more cooler than the actual show music; just sayin'.

And also, not trying to stir anything here, but hearing the hornline without any synth goo is nice. Although in some cases it's usually pretty well disguised on the field anyway, I just enjoy hearing them knowing they don't have any support like that.

Edited by g00fyg00ber
  • Like 1

Watching practice is great!

I agree; go to the housing site; watch practice; watch the changes implemented; watch the reps to get closer to perfection; watch the show morph into getting better; even go to multiple housing sites; that is great; at the housing site. But at the show, go into the stands and watch (all) of the corps 'perform' their hearts out instead of ignoring the first-on corps. At the show, the first-on corps deserves just as much audience support as the last-on corps.

I agree; go to the housing site; watch practice; watch the changes implemented; watch the reps to get closer to perfection; watch the show morph into getting better; even go to multiple housing sites; that is great; at the housing site. But at the show, go into the stands and watch (all) of the corps 'perform' their hearts out instead of ignoring the first-on corps. At the show, the first-on corps deserves just as much audience support as the last-on corps.

I went to the Cadets practice a couple days before their Akron show and it definitely serves as a motivator for someone who hasn't marched yet and wants to in the near future. Watching how precise and amazing everything they do is always makes me want to go home and practice.

So much sanctimony in this comment. You can't tell someone what they should or should not do. While I agree with part of what you said about watching the other corps, people can do what they want, just like Crown can choose to circle it up instead of setting up an arc. When Matt Harloff was at the Cadets, we did the same thing in the lot; set up a circle instead of setting up an arc. This was primarily because of tuning. In the end, people are going to do what they choose to do, and you really have no right to try to make someone feel like crap because they want to go into the lot to watch a corps instead of going into the stands to watch ALL the corps. At the end of the day, it's their money and they can choose to do what they want to do.

• Like 6

Please please please for the love of god... have your hornline in an arc instead of a circle for show warmups! I completely understand the purpose for the circle, but save that for rehearsals. We wanna get slapped in the face with that sound at the shows in the lot. Kinda hard to do standing outside of the circle and behind the players. I have seen the arc plenty of times at show warmups.. but I get so mad I want to punch something when you guys get in the circle lol.

Ah, the entitlement society....

Have fun punching things.

• Like 4

So much sanctimony in this comment. You can't tell someone what they should or should not do. While I agree with part of what you said about watching the other corps, people can do what they want, just like Crown can choose to circle it up instead of setting up an arc. When Matt Harloff was at the Cadets, we did the same thing in the lot; set up a circle instead of setting up an arc. This was primarily because of tuning. In the end, people are going to do what they choose to do, and you really have no right to try to make someone feel like crap because they want to go into the lot to watch a corps instead of going into the stands to watch ALL the corps. At the end of the day, it's their money and they can choose to do what they want to do.

Ding ding ding ding: the REAL winner (or at least the real winning answer to this entire thread)