Dear Crown Brass Staff Peoples:

What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sign this petition for the arc!!

• Yea I prefer sitting in the arc
    • Nah, circle it up

Ah, the entitlement society....

Have fun punching things.

Ha, no kidding! If OP wants to punch things just because of the way a corps' horn line decides to do a warm-up formation, perhaps he should stop spending time at a drum corps show and check themselves into Anger Management :tongue:

• Like 1

I don’t get this ‘in the lot’ thing

Warm ups are boring, playing them and watching them

I was always annoyed by people watching us warm up (pre-‘in the lot’ days) – it felt like they were crashing our private time to get ready for a show – they were distracting

I feel the Lot fans are the faker bando because if they knew, they’d know where the show really was

Friends and family visiting you in the lot are excluded from this rant because they are just trying to get a few minutes with you and aren’t some drooling, boot licking bando hacks (hopefully)

I miss the days of if you could see it or hear it from the stadium, penalty

There are cool things about lot performances but the shows are better.

For finals weekend each year I watch lots in the park either Quarter or Semifinals night and have a ticket to finals. I dont prefer to watch lots over the show but when you already spend that much money on hotel,food,gas,tickets,etc... you make the most of it and go to lots. Its free and its a good chance to see some corps you wouldnt otherwise get to see. I dont consider myself a faker bando, either. It is still drum corps after all.

I personally just dont agree with the OP. Demanding a corps change something that they already let you see for free is just selfish and rude.

• Like 1

Justin: Whether you realize it or not you are one of the elitist self-centered G7 supporters who are really causing the demise of the drum corps activity. How? Here is how: by you wanting Crown to arc up (for free) during their warm-up time for your own selfish pleasure instead sitting in the stands supporting all of the corps which are 'performing' their hearts out while Crown warms-up.

Somehow you assume I don't go to the actual shows and watch ALL the corps. An example: I'm going to Allentown, PA this year(from FLORIDA, mind you Still don't think I'm a supporter??). Friday and Saturday I plan on going to a couple rehearsals. At night, I'll walk the lot going form corps to corps. I love this experience. But on Sunday.. I'll be at the show. Start to finish. Just because I enjoy what others might not enjoy (warmups) doesn't mean I'm a bad person for it, or a non-supporter of DCI shows. I could care less about the G7. I would very much like to hear any corps warm up. I only mentioned Crown because A) they are one of my favorite corps, and B)They switch between the circle and arc.

So much sanctimony in this comment. You can't tell someone what they should or should not do. While I agree with part of what you said about watching the other corps, people can do what they want, just like Crown can choose to circle it up instead of setting up an arc. When Matt Harloff was at the Cadets, we did the same thing in the lot; set up a circle instead of setting up an arc. This was primarily because of tuning. In the end, people are going to do what they choose to do, and you really have no right to try to make someone feel like crap because they want to go into the lot to watch a corps instead of going into the stands to watch ALL the corps. At the end of the day, it's their money and they can choose to do what they want to do.

Speaking of sanctimony, and I am curious: Do you, 2000Cadet, blast out at the G7 advocates concerning their egotistical sanctimony when they promote, "Come see the real show... our show in the lot... and follow us into the stadium". I sort of think that is way more sanctimonious than me requesting the fans to go into the stadium and support 'all' the performing corps.

• Like 2

Speaking of sanctimony, and I am curious: Do you, 2000Cadet, blast out at the G7 advocates concerning their egotistical sanctimony when they promote, "Come see the real show... our show in the lot... and follow us into the stadium". I sort of think that is way more sanctimonious than me requesting the fans to go into the stadium and support 'all' the performing corps.

No I don't. I couldn't care any less what they do. All I care about is seeing a drum corps show. I don't concern myself with the "politics" of it. I leave that up to people like you. Like I stated before, you have no right to tell someone what to do. YOU go and see all the shows and let others do what they want.

• Like 2

It's OK, OP. Crown's brass warmups are largely very, very boring to watch. Lots of air and valve. Lots of long tones and lip slurs. They aren't into putting on a show in the lot like BD/Cadets, and that's just fine.

That said, I was kind of bummed out at Semis last year when I went to watch them and the only thing I got to see was them doing Fanfare for the Common Man (air and valve) and then walking to the buses.

Different strokes for different caption heads. Shrug.

Somehow you assume I don't go to the actual shows and watch ALL the corps. An example: I'm going to Allentown, PA this year(from FLORIDA, mind you Still don't think I'm a supporter??). Friday and Saturday I plan on going to a couple rehearsals. At night, I'll walk the lot going form corps to corps. I love this experience. But on Sunday.. I'll be at the show. Start to finish. Just because I enjoy what others might not enjoy (warmups) doesn't mean I'm a bad person for it, or a non-supporter of DCI shows. I could care less about the G7. I would very much like to hear any corps warm up. I only mentioned Crown because A) they are one of my favorite corps, and B)They switch between the circle and arc.

Let's place your Allentown posting here in actual perspective to see if you do watch ALL the corps stadium performances or are you a G7 supporter:

Friday Night Aug 2 and Saturday Night Aug 3 you will be in the lot while missing the 'stadium performances' of Mandarins, Academy, Colts, Troopers, Spirit, Pioneer, Pacific Crest, Oregon Crusaders, Jersey Surf, and Cascades.

However, on Sunday August 4 you will attend the entire 'Tour of Champions' stadium performances of just the Blue Devils, Cadets, SCV, Crown, Regiment, Bluecoats, and The Cavaliers.

Sort of makes a person go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4

No I don't. I couldn't care any less what they do. All I care about is seeing a drum corps show. I don't concern myself with the "politics" of it. I leave that up to people like you. Like I stated before, you have no right to tell someone what to do. YOU go and see all the shows and let others do what they want.

Hope you realize that you are on your own sanctimonious high-horse here. I certainly do have the 'right' to suggest to anyone to go see all corps perform; just like the G7 have the right to suggest people go watch them in the lot instead of watching all the corps perform; and others have the 'right' to ignore those suggestions, laugh at them, scoff at them, or follow them.

• Like 1

Hope you realize that you are on your own sanctimonious high-horse here. I certainly do have the 'right' to suggest to anyone to go see all corps perform; just like the G7 have the right to suggest people go watch them in the lot instead of watching all the corps perform; and others have the 'right' to ignore those suggestions, laugh at them, scoff at them, or follow them.

Nope. My horse is pretty low to the ground. Yours seems pretty high though. Just look at your last reply to the OP.

• Like 2