Minnesota practice sites?

I know it's still a week away, but I am trying to make better day to day plans with the bando relatives joining me at the Gopherbowl for the Regional. They want to observe corps practice styles as they ruminate about 2014 auditions.

By now isn't there usually a thread on where each corps will be rehearsing (especially hard after Missouri and Lacrosse this year???)

weaher one week out looks spotty.already been through tornado warnings there as well as hot weather. Given what I have been experiencing with the heat and humidity, I wouldn't mind some Minnesota snow flurries, ha, ha.

Where are the best places this year to get my annual of walleye-pike and wild rice pancakes? Loved my meal at the Radisson's restaurant in Lacrosse last time I made that show, but it is a long drive from MSP after a full day of flight connections. That is, unless Brad F. sends the chauffeured limo, ha, ha.

Edited by drilltech1

I know for sure that the Madison Scouts will be at my old high school, Osseo High School--317 2nd Ave NW, Osseo, MN, 55369.

Cadets are listed for Chanhassen H.S. 2200 Lyman Blvd Chanhassen, MN 55317

DCI Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium 2009 University Ave. SE Minneapolis, MN 55455

Tough Day for INT as they perform twice. Good for those sneaking off for their Dilly-Bars and DQ flavors in the lounge (DQ in MN does not mean disqualified.)

2:00 PM Music City 2:17 PM Legends 2:34 PM Governaires 2:51 PM Cascades 3:08 PM Troopers 3:25 PM Colts 3:42 PM The Academy 3:59 PM Blue Stars INT 5:07 PM Crossmen 5:24 PM Spirit of Atlanta 5:41 PM Blue Knights 5:58 PM Madison Scouts 6:15 PM Cavaliers 6:32 PM Boston Crusaders 6:49 PM Int 7:06 PM Bluecoats 7:23 PM Santa Clara Vanguard 7:40 PM The Cadets 7:57 PM Phantom Regiment 8:14 PM Carolina Crown 8:31 PM Blue Devils 8:48 PM Minnesota Brass

Edited by drilltech1

Via the DCI Minnesota Facebook page (6/25/13):

Corps - Arrival - Departure - Location

Academy: 7/13 3:00am - 7/14 10:00pm St. Michael-Albertville, MN

Blue Devils: 7/12 9:00am - 7/13 5:00pm Burnsville HS

Blue Knights: 7/12 5:00am - 7/14 9:30pm Chaska HS

Blue Stars: 7/14 2:00am - 7/14 3:00pm Irondale HS

Bluecoats: 7/13 2:30am - 7/13 6:00pm Hastings HS

Boston Crusaders: 7/13 3:00am - 7/13 6:00pm Edgewood MS

The Cadets: 7/12 9:00am - 7/13 6:00pm Chanhassen HS

Carolina Crown: 7/12 7:00am - 7/13 6:00pm Mounds View HS

Cascades: 7/13 2:30am - 7/14 11:00pm River Falls, WI

The Cavaliers: 7/13 3:00am - 7/13 6:00pm Park-Cottage Grove

Colts: 7/13 5:00am - 7/13 5:00pm Totino Grace HS

Crossmen: 7/12 4:30am - 7/13 5:00pm Amery, WI

Govenaires: Sat. only U of M

Legends: 7/13 4:00am - 7/14 9:00am Highview MS

Madison Scouts: 7/13 5:00am - 7/14 10:00pm Osseo HS

Minnesota Brass: 7/12 (6-10:30pm) & 7/13 (All day) Irondale HS

Music City: 7/13 2:30am - 7/13 2:00pm Hastings HS

Phantom Regiment: 7/12 8:00am - 7/13 5:00pm Roseville

Santa Clara Vanguard: 7/13 3:00am - 7/13 6:00pm Farmington

Spirit of Atlanta: 7/13 2:00am - 7/14 6:00pm Champlin Park HS

Troopers: TBD TBD St. Croix Central

Edited by Toby
  • Like 2

As for your question in the sub-heading about what to bring for the weather...It's the upper Midwest. You can't be over-prepared for any potential weather outcome. I was in upper Wisconsin several years ago on the first day of summer when the temperature dropped to 22 degrees Fahrenheit. A couple days later I was lying on the ground recovering from what seemed like near-heatstroke.

As for your question in the sub-heading about what to bring for the weather...It's the upper Midwest. You can't be over-prepared for any potential weather outcome. I was in upper Wisconsin several years ago on the first day of summer when the temperature dropped to 22 degrees Fahrenheit. A couple days later I was lying on the ground recovering from what seemed like near-heatstroke.

We and DCP rejoice that you survived but wonder if your prostration was due to one too many of those Upper Midwest beverages. I hear they take "Bug-juice" quite literally there but say it in Scandinavian. :blink:/>/>/>

Edited by normy diploome

We and DCP rejoice that you survived but wonder if your prostation was one too many of those Upper Midwest beverages. I hear they take "Bug-juice" quite literally there but say it in Scandinavian. :blink:/>/>

Being half Swedish, I should be hardier than I am. I've never over-indulged in Scandinavian beverages. When you see what goes into glög, your perception on life is forever changed.

I think a pair of lederhosen and black tall Doc Martens would be a striking combination for checking out rehearsals. The downside is, someone will take note and a WGI guard will copy your idea next season in a show theme entitled "Yodel WHOMP!"

It's presently 9:45 AM here in CA and I'm drinking decaf. Honest.

I think a pair of lederhosen and black tall Doc Martens would be a striking combination for checking out rehearsals. The downside is, someone will take note and a WGI guard will copy your idea next season in a show theme entitled "Yodel WHOMP!"

It's presently 9:45 AM here in CA and I'm drinking decaf. Honest.

Is this where we are supposed to shout "Uff da!" ??

If any out of staters might be venturing to the Gopherbowl, continue about a mile north of the stadium on University Av. You'll pass some "interesting" places to eat/drink there in "Dinkytown" neighborhood of UMN. I like to get my Minnesotan food at Lunds and Byerly's who have a great Whole Foods like salad bar, cheese bar, local eats, and Minnesotan specials.

Edited by normy diploome