The Beanpot in Lynn

I have a timeshare in Ptown so I missed the show tonight. I do love the cape though. It is hotter than he double toothpicks tonight.

But I am on the ocean with a view of the Atlantic right now sipping a wine.

I will see the corps when the come back around in August.

Boston Rocks.

And we are Boston Strong.

• Like 2

The Beanpot Invitational

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 The Cadets 82.800

2 Phantom Regiment 79.050

3 Bluecoats 78.350

4 Boston Crusaders 74.200

5 Jersey Surf 64.700

Open Class

1 Spartans 72.700

2 7th Regiment 70.800

Exhibition Class

0 Bridgemen Alumni 0.000

0 The Muchachos 0.000

View Recap

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=0d3f33ad-9056-4f5d-8096-f43a8a6072cd#ixzz2YEHf9Xup

Boston topped Bluecoats in guard and were .1 behind Phantom in drums, taking achievement from Phantom. Interesting. The gap to Cadets is a lot smaller as well. Bostons biggest downfall was a 13.9 in Music Analysis.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Boston topped Bluecoats in guard and were .1 behind Phantom in drums, taking achievement from Phantom. Interesting. The gap to Cadets is a lot smaller as well. Bostons biggest downfall was a 13.9 in Music Analysis.

No surprise the gap closed between Cadets and PR. Stone and Torchia never generous with the Cadets. There captions 16, the rest of the panel 16.5-17.1

Edited by newjerseycorpguy

There's some sort of magic seeing a full panel come together like that. Boston looks to have put any bad memories of Akron behind them for good, but the visual analysis subcaptions matching may be a tiny bit worrying at this point of the season, and that I would hope that the 13.9 is indicative of a bad night synching up, or just a cruel judge, and not a permanent weak spot.

As always, I've got nothing to say for the Bluecoats and Phantom this year :rolleyes:/>

Anybody see Cadets tonight notice any of the changes? Curious to hear what and how they were.

I was wondering the same thing. If we don't get any info tonight, I'll be at the show tomorrow in Philly. I'll let you guys know what they changed.

No surprise the gap closed between Cadets and PR. Stone and Torchia never generous with the Cadets. There captions 16, the rest of the panel 16.5-17.1

We counted 3 drops by the Cadets tonight and at least 2 dozen drops by Phantom - and Cadets work is substantially more difficult. Sure the Phantomettes danced really well, but how do you get that score and end up only three tenths behind the Cadets with so many very noticeable drops? There were even times when multiple girls dropped in the same toss and numerous times when the recovery was very noticeable since the sabers went bouncing yards away from the member. We all felt Phantom should have been like a 15.2 and Cadets a 16.5 - someone was drinking the Phantom cool-aid tonight!!

Boston was significantly improved but still needs to work on getting the full guard rifle work much more together. Bluecoats have a few guard members who had multiple drops in Quincy, Bristol and Lynn - one girl even had two drops in the matter of 15 seconds. And each show had at least one major missed toss while on the bleachers that garnered groans from the crowd. And they need to either use heavier material or add weights to the silk blankets they use in the picnic scene - the wind tonight caused them to end up as clumps of fabric rather than blankets spread on the ground.

I was wondering the same thing. If we don't get any info tonight, I'll be at the show tomorrow in Philly. I'll let you guys know what they changed.

thanks

We counted 3 drops by the Cadets tonight and at least 2 dozen drops by Phantom - and Cadets work is substantially more difficult. Sure the Phantomettes danced really well, but how do you get that score and end up only three tenths behind the Cadets with so many very noticeable drops? There were even times when multiple girls dropped in the same toss and numerous times when the recovery was very noticeable since the sabers went bouncing yards away from the member. We all felt Phantom should have been like a 15.2 and Cadets a 16.5 - someone was drinking the Phantom cool-aid tonight!!

Boston was significantly improved but still needs to work on getting the full guard rifle work much more together. Bluecoats have a few guard members who had multiple drops in Quincy, Bristol and Lynn - one girl even had two drops in the matter of 15 seconds. And each show had at least one major missed toss while on the bleachers that garnered groans from the crowd. And they need to either use heavier material or add weights to the silk blankets they use in the picnic scene - the wind tonight caused them to end up as clumps of fabric rather than blankets spread on the ground.

As I said, Stone always buries the Cadets, regardless of the year.