Mile-High Mayhem!

How can you not like this opener? I mean COME ON!

Edited by Treefidy
  • Like 3

I loved BK = I will ponder the big blue ball! FYI.. I was not booing Crown just the constant chatter during their show.

Don't even. Just take the beating like a man and live to fight another day.

• Like 2

That music was gorgeoussss

My favorite Blue Corps tonite was the Blue Knights. This is my favorite BK show in years. I agree with you, " that music was gorgeous ". I have a feeling it will play well in off season plays with fans too. :thumbup:

• Like 4

I loved BK = I will ponder the big blue ball! FYI.. I was not booing Crown just the constant chatter during their show.

fe3n9k.jpg

I don't know if this will get taken down or not so enjoy it while you can

Edited by BlueDevils92

Hmmmm, I am going to try to rank and scores these guy tonight.

1. Blue Devils- 84.25

2. Carolina Crown- 84.1

3. Santa Clara Vanguard- 81.35

4. Blue Knights- 75.05

5. Academy- 71.2

6. Troopers-71.0

7. Cascades-60.8

• Like 1

I think some of it is that the field is "plain jane" as the visual staff would call it - the absolute minimum markings DCI requires. They're better when they have full turf markings. One of the tradeoffs of the dot system is that when you begin to rely on markings which are, increasingly, nearly always available even at rehearsal sites in BFE, it's a different thing when you have to do the show without them, especially with the way Peter Weber writes. I imagine that Gaines drill may be slightly easier to translate to plain jane, given how orderly it is vs. Pete's curves and clusters, which all require 0.25 sometimes 0.125 dots.

In any case, there's only a few shows left on plain jane fields anyway, and none of them are absolutely critical.

Hey thanks for the explanation! It makes sense. I'm from the old school marching technique and this dot system is way beyond me (0.25, 0.125 dots? :blink: )

Still, one too many rifle drops for my taste. But what do you expect from a Color Guard person? :tongue: I hope they're just getting it out of their system.

I absolutely love this show and I'm always proud of my SCV Bothers and Sisters.