Michigan City

Look Magbo, clearly you're "new". You know what? You may revel in your superior knowledge some day and continue to school everyone on the annual magnificence of all things Madison, but frankly I think you'll be rethinking your opinion come finals. You're all but guaranteeing a 6th place finish, and again, I get that you're a bit fresh, but maybe just chill a bit so as to save you some serious crow eating in the future? If I'm wrong I will gladly publicly acknowledge it, until then, save your homerism for another day.

I don't think you have any idea how much experience I have with DCI. I'm hardly "new". I 'd be curious as to how much experience you have...seriously. Were you ever in a corps? If you were experienced, then you would know how political DCI is and how it is virtually impossible to overcome the corps that comprise the G7. And I never said anything about Madison finishing in 6th place. I just made reference to the fact that they don't have to worry about winding up in 10th place this season. 6th place would upset the G7 applecart...and I, for one, don't think that will happen...even though Madison has the talent this year to achieve that placement. So calm down, my friend.

• Like 2

let's everyone calm down a little. madison has time to clean now so we'll see what happens :smile:

I don't think you have any idea how much experience I have with DCI. I'm hardly "new". I 'd be curious as to how much experience you have...seriously. Were you ever in a corps? If you were experienced, then you would know how political DCI is and how it is virtually impossible to overcome the corps that comprise the G7. And I never said anything about Madison finishing in 6th place. I just made reference to the fact that they don't have to worry about winding up in 10th place this season. 6th place would upset the G7 applecart...and I, for one, don't think that will happen...even though Madison has the talent this year to achieve that placement. So calm down, my friend.

Every time you use the term "G7" a kitten dies. Don't do that man. Also, coming after his marching experience is uncalled for. I know a man who marched "only one year" and he is a friggin musical genius. He could school anyone I know on the ins out and about of everything music and DCI related. Also, you're saying that if Madison finishes higher in placements it is because they are extremely talented, but if they finish lower it's purely politics without factoring the performances or levels of other corps. Got it.

• Like 2

I love small shows. And this one was bursting at the seams. Twice, the PA announcer asked everyone to squeeze into their seats to make room for others. Though the center section was ticketed with exact seat numbers, the outer two sections were open seating.

The bench seating here is tight. I often buy an extra numbered seat in the center section to be comfortable.

Many wonderful moments happened at Ames Field Saturday night.

1. A beautiful full-color, 2-sided, 5x7 keepsake card was handed out this year at the gate to all guests, commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Scouts, and 65th anniversary of the Cavaliers.

2. Seconds before the Michigan City High School band played the Anthem, a young, local, 4-person color guard marched with the American flag out into the east endzone, raising the Stars and Stripes.

3. The Honorable Mayor of Michigan City welcomed the fans, and he held a moment of silence to pay respects to a woman who had recently passed: she had volunteered for many years at this event and was often the first greeter at the gate.

4. The brick endzone walls have a few wide keyhole views into the stadium: ideal for any passersby to catch a glimpse of the action.

5. The atmosphere was patriotic at dusk, as fireworks rocketed into the sky. Drum Corps 3-D!

6. The Classic Cavaliers are always entertaining. A knocked over cymbal stand did not stop their show.

7. Though there were no walking tacos at concessions this year, many items were half price at the end of the evening: Hot dogs fell to one dollar!

8. At encore time, both the Cavaliers and Madison performed. Two anniversary cakes! The Cavaliers lined up on one side of the 50, while the Scouts set up on the opposite side of the 50. Madison shared "You'll Never Walk Alone, then the Cavaliers echoed with "Somewhere, Over the Rainbow."

9. Always worth repeating: Ames Field has no track. The audience is up close to the performers and programs. Love it.

10. Let's do it again. Same time, next year.

Videos are up on the Fan Network.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps