lewisburg

does any corps have money?

well the reasons are many as to why this is the last year. they may have an alumni corps. but no competing corps.

Edited by Stradivarius

well the reasons are many as to why this is the last year. they may have an alumni corps. but no competing corps.

I sort of got the impression that one of those reasons was the feeling that their brand of entertainment was no longer going to be given the credit by the competetive DCA circuit and that they would better appeal to a broader, more mainstream audience. And with all due respect, Empire has been, and apparently remains very competetive, and it would be ashamed if their decision was even partly influenced by the frustration of not being able to win. I mean, with the exception of 2 shows, NOBODY has been able to beat Reading for the last 8 years!

I sort of got the impression that one of those reasons was the feeling that their brand of entertainment was no longer going to be given the credit by the competetive DCA circuit and that they would better appeal to a broader, more mainstream audience. And with all due respect, Empire has been, and apparently remains very competetive, and it would be ashamed if their decision was even partly influenced by the frustration of not being able to win. I mean, with the exception of 2 shows, NOBODY has been able to beat Reading for the last 8 years!

The Statesmen were born in 1983 to Entertain the drum corps circuit. Their first win in 1991, was a byproduct of entertaining at a high level. Every championship win since has been based on the same platform. Last night, performing in Lewisburg and seeing the crowd jump to their feet for a standing ovation ( 2 minutes I may add) is what motivates me as a performer in and out of DC.

Thank you for all the years of support, comradery and memories! This years group of dedicated members are committed to a season of hard work, to entertain YOU one last time!

Respectfully yours,

Edited by JoeSop1
  • Like 1

The Statesmen were born in 1983 to Entertain the drum corps circuit. Their first win in 1991, was a byproduct of entertaining at a high level. Every championship win since has been based on the same platform. Last night, performing in Lewisburg and seeing the crowd jump to their feet for a standing ovation ( 2 minutes I may add) is what motivates me as a performer in and out of DC.

Thank you for all the years of support, comradery and memories! This years group of dedicated members are committed to a season of hard work, to entertain YOU one last time!

Respectfully yours,

joe i'm proud of empire coming out strong. i hope you are strong all year and maybe who knows what might happen at finals. thumbup.gif

• Like 1

BEST OF LUCK TO EMPIRE <GOOD TO HEAR YOU HAD A STRONG OUTTING

• Like 2

No one as done a review on the Lewisburg show yet ? Would love to hear something on your thoughts of all corps there .

• Like 1

Looking forward to a very competitive All-Age Drum Corps season. I think there are a few corps out there that can make a serious run at the title. Just take care of your business and not worry about corps around you.

• Like 1

Looking forward to a very competitive All-Age Drum Corps season. I think there are a few corps out there that can make a serious run at the title. Just take care of your business and not worry about corps around you.

Good advice. Bottom line, that is the only thing any corps can do.

• Like 1