lewisburg

Liz, that negative rating must have been from a disgruntled fan (or even a member) of one of the losing corps. That's the only reason I could possibly fathom for something as dumb as that. I know you and I don't always see eye-to-eye on some things, but I respect your opinions and love your passion for the activity and all the corps in it. Whoever gave you that negative is just acting dopey, or letting biases cloud his or her judgment.

See you at the Grand Prix?

That or someone holding a grudge from another post or thread. Frm what... who knows..

I'd like to tend to agree with you Ray. But it has been a string of posts, wishing Sky well with their return was another, etc.

And if they can't tell the red from the green, should they be driving?

*Channeling George Carlin on that one....Hopefully somebody else remembers it!* devil.gif

why do you care? are you counting? i mean i don't care. let them be vindictive liz. people do it to me all the time. no big deal.

I'd like to tend to agree with you Ray. But it has been a string of posts, wishing Sky well with their return was another, etc.

And if they can't tell the red from the green, should they be driving?

*Channeling George Carlin on that one....Hopefully somebody else remembers it!* :devil:/>

and here I try for red marks and can't get them....sigh

And I just gave you a green one for making me giggle in another thread.

Bad Lizzie, bad...

:ph34r:

Liz, that negative rating must have been from a disgruntled fan (or even a member) of one of the losing corps. That's the only reason I could possibly fathom for something as dumb as that. I know you and I don't always see eye-to-eye on some things, but I respect your opinions and love your passion for the activity and all the corps in it. Whoever gave you that negative is just acting dopey, or letting biases cloud his or her judgment.

See you at the Grand Prix?

Provided that none of these instant monsoons that come and go in Clifton lately sweep me off Garrett Mountain, I will be there.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

And I just gave you a green one for making me giggle in another thread.

Bad Lizzie, bad...

ph34r.gif

i'd tell you to report for spankings, but thats not punishment

• Like 1

Provided that none of these instant monsoons that come and go in Clifton lately sweep me off Garrett Mountain, I will be there.

:thumbup:

We'll wave to you from the Six Brothers Diner. :tongue:

To say you are going to be right around the corner is an understatement. :thumbup:

Didn't Corps Vets and Alliance both start out in Class A and move up .

I think back over the last 15 years or so at the corps that have come and gone and how they have progressed.

CV started out in Class A and Won a Championship and has maintained a finalist spot in Open every year since.

Fusion Corp Started in Class A and Won a Champion ship and is doing well in Open Class.

Alliance won a Championship in Class A and did well in Open class until they had to go inactive.

Gold Started in Class A. Moved to Open and saw some limited success there ... Went back to Class A won a Championship there and seem to be on the road to recovery and doing well.

It looks like to be the magic formula in DCA is to Start out in Class A. WIN a champion ship and then move into Open Class. You gotta walk before you crawl folks.

I think back over the last 15 years or so at the corps that have come and gone and how they have progressed.

CV started out in Class A and Won a Championship and has maintained a finalist spot in Open every year since.

Fusion Corp Started in Class A and Won a Champion ship and is doing well in Open Class.

Alliance won a Championship in Class A and did well in Open class until they had to go inactive.

Gold Started in Class A. Moved to Open and saw some limited success there ... Went back to Class A won a Championship there and seem to be on the road to recovery and doing well.

It looks like to be the magic formula in DCA is to Start out in Class A. WIN a champion ship and then move into Open Class. You gotta walk before you crawl folks.

I'm not 100% positive, but I thought Gold started out Open Class. I was with Sky at the time and remember competing against them (actually tying for 11th with them in Open Class at Championships one year.)

Come to think of it - Can you really say that Sky was unsuccessful after returning to Open Class? I mean we did do the Sunday show at least once during that time and were always there in the hunt for one of those spots. I mean maybe the competitive numbers weren't exceptional (hey - not everyone can be the winner) but we DID put out several nice sized corps and some entertaining shows. And let's not forget all the young folks who went through the ranks - some of which are teaching corps right now. Just some food for thought.