lewisburg

I'm not 100% positive, but I thought Gold started out Open Class. I was with Sky at the time and remember competing against them (actually tying for 11th with them in Open Class at Championships one year.)

Come to think of it - Can you really say that Sky was unsuccessful after returning to Open Class? I mean we did do the Sunday show at least once during that time and were always there in the hunt for one of those spots. I mean maybe the competitive numbers weren't exceptional (hey - not everyone can be the winner) but we DID put out several nice sized corps and some entertaining shows. And let's not forget all the young folks who went through the ranks - some of which are teaching corps right now. Just some food for thought.

Sky never made it back into Championships after they went Class A in 2002 according the the DCA historical scores pages.

2003 - 12th at Prelims

2004 - 11th (tie) at Prelims

2005 - 13th at Open Class Prelims

2006 - 15th at Open Class Prelims

• Like 2

Liz, I thought of you when i read a recent interview with Dr. John over lunch. In short, he said if someone's not busting on you, you're prolly doing something wrong and you must not be alive. So you must be doing something right! :satisfied:

• Like 1

ok since this topic is way off track as the author of this thread i'm asking the mod's to close this thread. thanks to all.

I'm not 100% positive, but I thought Gold started out Open Class. I was with Sky at the time and remember competing against them (actually tying for 11th with them in Open Class at Championships one year.)

No, Gold started in class A. High drums in class A 2002.

I think Carolina Gold was A Class in 2002, and DCA only took the top 2 Class A corps to fight it out for the Class A Title.

Edited by FPonzo

Passed Bucknell a while ago and just passed a billboard for the Lewisburg show on our way to Hornell! First show hype!

• Like 2