lewisburg

@Fran...White Sabers may surprise some people.

• Like 4

Just wanted to say congrats to the Sunrisers. I THINK that they are the first corps that has dropped to class A, and then successfully moved back to open... but I could be wrong. Either way, nice job, that's no easy feat

Sky and Carolina Gold transitioned back and forth ...

:-)

Sky and Carolina Gold transitioned back and forth ...

Did they? I guess I don't remember Gold being in Open (Probably because we only see them once or twice a year) and since Sky isn't around right now, they're off my radar. Sounds like they're on the way back though, which is good.

EDIT: OK, I looked at some recent years, and I see I missed that Sky came back to Open for a year or two. And I see that Gold was Open for a few years, switched to A, but this is the first year they've gone back to Open, right?

Edited by SeanMcSean

Gold was Open in the early to mid 2000's if I am correct. After taking a year off, then not making finals as an Open corps, they came back as a Class A corps, eventually winning the Class A title in 2010 and 2012. Being in Open class this year, that is a transition.

Sky (to me) didn't transition. They declared Class A at the last minute in 2002, won Class A, and then for some reason decided to declare open in the following years when they could have legitimately been a Class A corps, and didn't make finals. Eventually fell off the map sadly after 4 years of not making Open Class finals.

I hope they (the powers that be) make the decision to go Class A if that is their size next year (assuming they are coming out next year). I think pride has come before what was best for the organization a few times too many and it would be nice to see the organization not only survive, but thrive in the years to come, much like the way Carolina Gold is.

• Like 1

Skyliners went from Open to Class A in 1999, after being inactive in 1998.

They were back in Open in 2000-2001, then Class A in 2002, then Open again.

@Fran...White Sabers may surprise some people.

Donny, that would be great!!! A corps moving up the ranks is a good thing.

Gold was Open in the early to mid 2000's if I am correct. After taking a year off, then not making finals as an Open corps, they came back as a Class A corps, eventually winning the Class A title in 2010 and 2012. Being in Open class this year, that is a transition.

Sky (to me) didn't transition. They declared Class A at the last minute in 2002, won Class A, and then for some reason decided to declare open in the following years when they could have legitimately been a Class A corps, and didn't make finals. Eventually fell off the map sadly after 4 years of not making Open Class finals.

I hope they (the powers that be) make the decision to go Class A if that is their size next year (assuming they are coming out next year). I think pride has come before what was best for the organization a few times too many and it would be nice to see the organization not only survive, but thrive in the years to come, much like the way Carolina Gold is.

Sky was Open Class through 97 ... took 98 off ... came back in 99 to win the Class A Championship ... went back to Open in 2000 and 2001 ... declared "A" in 2002 and again won the Championship ... went Open again in 2003 through 2006 ... and then went inactive ... that's what I meant when I said they transitioned back and forth ... I believe that in 1999 and 2002 corps didn't have to declare Open or A Class until before Championships ... it has since changed to June 1st ... maybe Tom or Gen can clarify ...

Everyone in Bushwackerland is very happy with the start of our season. We jumped six points (taking penalties into consideration) from two weeks ago in Wildwood. The drum solo was added into the show, so the show is finished, we are adding members and morale is great. Thank you all for your support! GO BUSH!!

Good to hear - DCA needs Bushwackers to be strong.

Anyone have reflections on my old alma mater, the LI Sunrisers?

Very happy to see their first show so successful - can't wait to see the finished product?

Anybody?

Edited by rayfallon

Sky was Open Class through 97 ... took 98 off ... came back in 99 to win the Class A Championship ... went back to Open in 2000 and 2001 ... declared "A" in 2002 and again won the Championship ... went Open again in 2003 through 2006 ... and then went inactive ... that's what I meant when I said they transitioned back and forth ... I believe that in 1999 and 2002 corps didn't have to declare Open or A Class until before Championships ... it has since changed to June 1st ... maybe Tom or Gen can clarify ...

I think the declare by June 1st is because of 2002.

But thank you for clarifying the late 1990's for me. I'd forgotten that they had won Class A in (or had even gone Class A) then.

We'd be happy to claim 2010, but that one is Fusion Core's ;)

-Larry