Cavies vs. Scouts - the ALL BOY battle

Simmer down Dude. I didn't start this thread to get in pissing matches with fans of Madison. I don't even like the "vs." in the topic but a whole bunch of clowns have been slagging the Cavaliers unmercifully for more than a year now, spreading it around into endless other threads on this "planet", and this season have morphed their act into "See, the Cavies are even worse, just look at how bad their new show is compared to the wonderful, Brilliant 2013 Madison Scouts (who are destined to make Top 5 while the Cavaliers won't even make finals)." They've long been ginning up their frenzy with wild stories that Cavies have lost all their longtime staff talent, etc., etc., etc. And when knowledgeable bloggers debunk their stories they seem to just skip to other threads and multiply. I had hoped that this thread title would draw them in where they could be debunked in a thread that was "on topic" - preferably by the aforementioned knowledgeable previous bloggers in other threads (but if I have to, I'm not shy), along with the pipe dream that Madison is zooming to the top while Cavies are falling into the abyss of shame. If you haven't been selling that snake oil I have no interest in disparaging any of your admiration for the Scouts, period.

Very well then. I haven't. I have no snake oil to sell. But I get where your venom is coming from because there is an annoying side

to the Scouts...it's some (notice I said some) of their alumni. These guys were supposedly taught that scores and placements

don't matter, and yet they scream bloody murder when they don't place as high as they believe they are entitled to. Admittedly, I came into this thread late, and did not see the earlier slam-fest that was going on toward the Cavies that you were responding to.

Edited by Nine White Russians

Very well then. I haven't. I have no snake oil to sell. But I get where your venom is coming from because there is an annoying side

to the Scouts...it's some (notice I said some) of their alumni. These guys were supposedly taught that scores and placements

don't matter, and yet they scream bloody murder when they don't place as high as they believe they are entitled to. Admittedly, I came into this thread late, and did not see the earlier slam-fest that was going on toward the Cavies that you were responding to.

Expressing your opinion about a corps show on DCP = venom. Got it.

• Like 2

Expressing your opinion about a corps show on DCP = venom. Got it.

Venom....ah wrong choice of word....what I meant was expressing his angst or frustration regarding the

whole Cavies vs Scouts thing. I was actually taking his side on this one. Earlier in the thread, I was catching

his less than flattering remarks about the Scouts show - not getting that he was responding to the overzelous Scoutees who

were slamming the Cavaliers program a few weeks ago. Realizing the context, I am now empathizing with him.

So to summarize: Venom was the wrong choice of word. cool.gif

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jes' movin' this all back to the front.

As people have posted in other less directly consequential threads, this particular head to head is becoming very relevant of late. So let's have at it.

The Cavies marching & brass is a complete mess. I have no idea how they are within .05 of Madison. Cavies show may be more difficult, but that only matters if you perform it well. Nice Golf clap at the end of Cavies show!

• Like 3

The Cavies marching & brass is a complete mess. I have no idea how they are within .05 of Madison. Cavies show may be more difficult, but that only matters if you perform it well. Nice Golf clap at the end of Cavies show!

I'm in total agreement. The Scouts' scores for the past two shows are ridiculous. It is so obvious what DCI and the judges are doing. Come on...it's almost the end of the season. We all know we have to get the Cavaliers up in the standings! I'm sure the Cavaliers are a fine group of men...but they are just not as good as the Scouts this year. And regardless of standings...it doesn't matter. Scouts are just better this year.

• Like 3

:ph34r: Edited by madalumni

This year, it is certainly legitimate to ask why Scouts aren't getting higher scores, and expect a serious answer rather than being branded a homer. They're doing the job, they deserve the mark.

Here, Here!! Couldn't agree more. Best vehicle Madison's had in many years.

Edited by Jim Anello

Here, Here!! Couldn't agree more. Best vehicle Madison's had in many years.

I don't think anyone has a problem with questioning scores, that's part of dci. That's why we're fans.

The problem is a few of the Madison honks making statements like "Madison is light years ahead of the Cavaliers." Or insinuating that the Cavies are catching up to Madison because of some G7 conspiracy.

Ive watched both shows several times. Madison has the emotional edge and agree Cavies are uncharacteristicly dirty. But I also tend to agree with the posters who say Cavies show has higher difficulty, more room for increased GE and maxing out the sheets.

Edited by GREENBLUE