Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

Go back and watch the video from the Akron season opener. It's already come a long way. It's obviously not going to hit the Top 5, but IMO it's a good "rebuilding" program that sticks pretty close to the tried-and-true Cavies formula. You really think what you saw tonight isn't going to be in finals? My guess is that they move up a spot or two from last year.

especially considering how close they were tonight and have been to madison recently. missing finals is a non-story for cavies.

especially considering how close they were tonight and have been to madison recently. missing finals is a non-story for cavies.

Their drill right now is not nearly as clean as quite a few corps below them right now... and their music is nothing spectacular. I know they won't miss finals.. how could DCI let that happen?

They are getting the complete benefit of being the Cavaliers from the judges... they got it last year.. they are getting it this year again.

And I'm a Cavalier fan for the most part.\

missed an important word there before the edit.. lol

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

Didn't really follow this thread all night.. but here we go.

I wasn't entertained until Crown.

The last three were awesome.

They BETTER be the top three. I honestly don't care which one wins. They all make me go nuts in different ways. And they all have changes they will make to make it even better.. especially SCV.

BD sucks. Their show is god awful. Please... judges.. tell them they suck so we don't have to deal with this much loner.

Not to mention.. BD finally does challenging drill.... AND LOOK THEY CANNOT PERFORM IT!!! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! This drill STILL isn't as hard as everyone else has been doing.. but still "oh no BDs show is so hard" #### you. "They just need time to clean it up" Cadets are still marching a harder a show... look how clean that is! Seriously.. you can like BDs show if you want... but honestly.. I think they have been crap since 2009. Just MHO.

Anyway.. where were the rest of the corps for the finale? Even some majors were missing for retreat??

Many predicted the G7 would become the G4 or G3 or less.... This show for sure was missing some awesome corps. Madison, Boston, Crossmen, Spirit, Blue Stars, Colts, Troop, all have more entertaining shows than the bottom 4 of this group IMO. Looks like the G7 bull #### is dead... now if we can just all work together.. and stop ####### up the activity and do something to better it.

Anyway. Crown is awesome. Cadets are awesome. SCV is awesome. Thank you.. for making my night worthwhile.. because the first four performances of the night were just hard to get through. Can't wait for Saturday night now.

This is what they referred to in the 70's as "Scream Therapy"

Generally ugly, mostly incoherent............. but all in all, better than having him end up on the 11 O'Clock News. :rolleyes:/>

• Like 2

My one or two sentence thoughts on each corps:

Crown - Pageantry at its best. Most creative show I've seen in years.

Blue Devils - This show feels much less manic that I've come to expect from BD. I love it, but clean it up!

Cadets - DRUMS, DRUMS, DRUMS. Oh, yeah, the rest of the corps was pretty amazing, too. But seriously, flams for days.

SCV - VERY old school, but with a fresh update. Strongest SCV corps years, but I don't care for the marching style on them.

Phantom - I can't remember the last time I said I preferred Phantom visually over musically. My favorite visual production of the year, but music is a bit rough in all regards.

Bluecoats - I don't see much improvement from when I saw them two weeks ago, which is alarming. And how long until they abandon that ridiculous marching technique, which clearly it isn't helping them on the sheets?

Cavaliers - Holy crap... what is going on?

• Like 4

B) I don't like Crown's history with endings. They've had some classic drum corps endings that have been changed to cheesy "try too hard" moments (my opinion). I would have no objections to the current ending being 'it', but I doubt this will happen. Please please please don't kill the show with a lame ending.

Not even a classic crown formation?

- Bluecoats are vastly underscored and should be within .5 of Phantom.

I love Bluecoats too, but they were incredibly dirty and didn't sound as good as they normally do. The earned that score tonight.

I can see them being passed by the Cavaliers soon.

BD should have been below SCV for sure.

SCV was on fire! They really need to clean a bit more and add some more impacts, but this year is another step up for them for sure.

Crown was sublime tonight.

Cadets' props aren't doing them that many favors. Still like previous versions of this music from other corps better, but Cadets are performing well.

Cavaliers design is taking me a bit to get used to, but they are firmly in finals and I believe that they have a shot for as high as 5th if they can clean.

• Like 1

It will be fun to look back later and see if I was more wrong in the preseason prediction thread, the Minneapolis prediction thread, or this prediction thread, for which I forecast the following:

1. Cadets -- 85.650

2. Carolina Crown -- 85.450

3. Blue Devils -- 85.050

4. Santa Clara Vanguard -- 82.850

5. Phantom Regiment -- 81.750

6. Bluecoats -- 81.100

7. Cavaliers -- 78.900

Well, I got the order of the top three wrong, and the spread between Crown and BD wrong.

But somehow I got Crown's score exactly right!

As the saying goes, even a broken watch...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

• Like 2

Cadets = robbed tonight

nah - Cadets were/are pretty rough in spots. They'll clean up nice over the next ten days or so