I am honored to be a part of this monstrous Caballeros Tuba Line!

Yah should be Dan. :thumbup:

I looked back at my "All BigW Corps" from last year... and yeah, I named the Cabs Tubas as who I wanted. :satisfied:

If you don't know about that, it's kinda like the DCA "All-Madden team". :thumbup:

OK, I know this is a little out there, but if you want to hear a great tuba/contra line, I was watching the DCA Videos from 1994 fairly recently. Check out Les Metropolitains from that year playing Interstellar Suite. Great bottom sound.

Also, Renegades 2008. Everyone talks about their screamers, but they had a kick-### bottom sound that year also.

OK, I know this is a little out there, but if you want to hear a great tuba/contra line, I was watching the DCA Videos from 1994 fairly recently. Check out Les Metropolitains from that year playing Interstellar Suite. Great bottom sound.

Also, Renegades 2008. Everyone talks about their screamers, but they had a kick-### bottom sound that year also.

I'm very familiar with that Les Metro corps. :thumbup:

Ream and I were discussing them on the Westshore thread very recently and I think Fran and I were also talking about them at Nathan's before the Nokesville show. ROCK HARD.

Their 1992 opening statement at DCA Prelims literally caused me to grab the railing in front of me and knocked me back.

They were like a Drum Corps Chernobyl when they'd decide to get up on the wheel and go.

• Like 1

by 94, people knew what to expect. the real blow everyone away moment for them was prelims in 91. first corps on at whatever too early am...and they just keep coming down the hill.

then they played

:w00t:/>

by 94, people knew what to expect. the real blow everyone away moment for them was prelims in 91. first corps on at whatever too early am...and they just keep coming down the hill.

then they played

:w00t:

I hear ya.

They were the ultimate wakeup call in '91. :thumbup:

I WILL get da Fistbumps up. Doing a lot here and work is really knocking me out.

But I do enjoy the conversations. I kind of view the reviews I write as a kind of virtual Basement of Post 199 where we can just sit back with a beer, talk about good stuff, goodf people, and enjoy the ambiance. :satisfied:

• Like 1

I know I'm late for da

fistbump.png

awards from those shows.

Still, here they are:

One for the Bull Run Troubadours!

Ones for the Tampa Bay Thunder's Euphonium Duet and their Trumpet soloist, who has a GREAT, bug fat sound, not that thin nasty stuff.

Ones for the Bari/Euphonium section of the Sun Devils and for JJ.

Carolina Gold's Battery.

Fusion's Battery and Drum Major. Not only great on the field but organized off the field. Organization is one thing I have to work hard to do (extremely right-brained), she makes it look effortless.

Shenandoah's Tubists. They keep it moving. They have to.

Saints Brigade:

The Wolfpack, and their screamer and Euphonium Soloist.

Scout House: The Guard Sergeant.

Windsor: The Euphonium Soloist in "The Rose". The best moment in the show right now.

Bush: Normally, I don't give repeats, but the plates are better then last year. They didn't have to get better. They still did. :worthy:

Empire: Their Mello Soloist. Everyone knows the screamers, as Ream has said. People should know this person. Very subtle and musical.

Cabs: I got to go with the Tubas and the Guard. There's a lot there with the guard that I think I would need to see again to really find everything that's there that they do.

Cabs Alumni. The Battery. From reading other reviews and talking to people, these guys have been on a hot streak. And it's not easy to be carrying some of that equipment for a full-length old school show, either.

Hopefully this heat wave here will subside and I can physically recover. Also, I will have much more time after Downingtown to write, and for August when I take my extended work vacation.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the DCA season. The story is spinning slowly, and I think there could be some great story lines to follow over the next month. See you all at Downingtown!