So on this Drum and Bugle Corps forum we are going to debate the companies in Rochester and why they have gone the way of many of the companies in the US. Please, most including Kodak are or were run by idiots. Now for the real reason of this forum, probably over 100 drum and bugle corps flourished and died in Western New York but while flourishing they entertained millions. Yes most are gone but not forgotten. Drum and Bugle corps will always be a part of the NY scene we have DCA corps, Mini Corps, Alumni Corps, street corps et all still entertaining people. As long as people enjoy good music we will have them. Why is DCA in Rochester? They had the highest bid and, DCA makes more money in Rochester than most other venues, why, it is a Drum Corps hotbed for enthusiasts. I marched in Annapolis last year. I love the area, for vacation, but it is not drum corps friendly. Scranton, Allentown, Philly, Baltimore, and some new hot spots are but not Annapolis. See you in Rochester next year, I will visit Annapolis on vacation but never again for Drum & Bugle Corps reasons. O by the way the I & E venues also sucked. I worked at it for years, last year ended that for me too> :cool:

wow... that huge number White Sabers got tonight... maybe next year we will have an open class corps in Central/Western NY after all?????

Right???

wow... that huge number White Sabers got tonight... maybe next year we will have an open class corps in Central/Western NY after all?????

well lets hope so.

• Like 2

someone should try in the Niagara/Erie County area

someone should try in the Niagara/Erie County area

i think joe's has that all wrapped up. but maybe some of the old kingsman could give it a try. but they can't use the name.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Don your greenie freind misses you in the real world ,can you belive a Sunrisers aliumnis came on and asked when will Sun get an honest mark for there show and a bunch of iditos hit him with red flags ,then i came back ans asked why would you hit someone with red flags for asking a honest question ,Guess what i got 5 red flags for asking .Don't know who monitors Drum Corps Planet and don't know why you where supended for a week .When Liz Legal Ealge tells me to go to hell and nothing happened to her .Id say who ever is running the planet needs to dble check who n why .

• Like 3

Hey Don your greenie freind misses you in the real world ,can you belive a Sunrisers aliumnis came on and asked when will Sun get an honest mark for there show and a bunch of iditos hit him with red flags ,then i came back ans asked why would you hit someone with red flags for asking a honest question ,Guess what i got 5 red flags for asking .Don't know who monitors Drum Corps Planet and don't know why you where supended for a week .When Liz Legal Ealge tells me to go to hell and nothing happened to her .Id say who ever is running the planet needs to dble check who n why .

yeah i know. it's just exhausting sometimes. you just got dinged. i'll fix it.

• 2 months later...

First of all the Rochester has always been a great venue for a DCA Championship weekend. Crowds are always huge and compared to INDY the cost of rooms and great food is at least one third less, and you don't have to drive 35 mile's from your hotel to the stadium. From every suburb of Rochester you are no more than 15 or 20 minute drive. Also the Dinosaur BBQ is NOT the only good place to eat, there is an abundance of great family restaurant's in every suburb and I'm not talking about " GARBAGE PLATES" either. Plus you have a built in fan base second to none even though we don't have any competing corps anymore. Forget Kodak and all the others you mentioned going bad because you forgot about Paychex and the University of Rochester Medical Center and many more high tec. companies that are moving to this area because were are rated as in the top 100 places in America to live. No competing corps, for now it's the truth, but we have is not only the amazing DCA Champion GHOST RIDERS DRUM CORPS we also have THE EDGE and the HITMEN and what about PRIME TIME BRASS ( I have to admit I might just be a little biased ) so does anyone want to say something about there horn lines and percussion? Also if you think David Bruni is not using his knowledge to bring a little something special forward I would think again. If you don't want to come here to Rochester than just don't come because there will a lot of others to fill the seat you give up. Just my opinion.

• Like 1