Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

Never thought I'd hear this piece in drum corps. Absolutely love Crown's ballad. I think the first time I heard it was way back in 2000 by a great small band from Virginia.

Random question: Does anybody know the significance of the narration in the ballad? Who's John? Who's speaking? etc.

Another thing I find very exciting is that the audience really gets this show - let's face it - it is pretty far out there. Music is very 20th century, probably harder to grasp than even Barber (maybe not Bartok though) but the crowd eats it up. BD take note, this is how you do post-modern!!

When I saw Crown at Stanford.... I just kept saying "wow......wow.....wow". And I still do! Their brass is beyond amazing...for me. Gorgeous. :worthy:

• Like 4

Hey science whizzes...what happened in 1905?

Google Animaniacs Bern 1905 jk.....Swiss town where Einstein came up with theory of relativity.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1

I FINALLY saw the 3D pyramid. Cool!

To add on to 1905:

Albert Einstein publishes his four Annus Mirabilis papers. In particular, he formulates the theory of special relativity and states the law of mass-energy conservation: E = mc². He also explains the photoelectric effect by quantization and mathematically analyzes Brownian motion. Because of this, 1905 is said to be the miraculous year for physics, and its 100th anniversary (2005) was declared the World Year of Physics.

Edited by soccerguy315