Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

Random thought- the corps that sounds the best playing backfield:

The Cavaliers

I thought Santa Clara sounded superb playing backfield, but I haven't heard Cavies live this year.

• Like 1

2011 Minneapolis --- interesting to look back sometimes:

DIVISION World

1 The Cavaliers 87.350

2 Carolina Crown 85.950

3 Blue Devils 85.900

4 The Cadets 85.550

5 Phantom Regiment 83.100

6 Bluecoats 82.900

7 Santa Clara Vanguard 80.850

8 Madison Scouts 79.850

9 Boston Crusaders 79.400

10 Blue Stars 78.850

11 Blue Knights 78.500

12 Troopers 74.700

13 Spirit of Atlanta 74.450

14 Glassmen 74.300

15 Colts 73.250

16 Crossmen 72.850

17 Teal Sound 69.650

18 Cascades 66.750

• Like 1

Also at what point do we forget about judging and just applaud

I did that around 1985

Edited by MadScout80
  • Like 2

Wow interesting night. Carlson and Neibauer did not se eye to eye. I really thing Carlson had Boston in the right place! Do not understand how Boston is doing so well, that show has major issues, kinda like watching BD put there jackets on last year watching them take off the grey and have the red on did not work! Terrible transitions, these designers know better, but the adjudicators should be telling them that through a score as well. I hope that DCI changes the slate for SA. Would luv to someone other than Lentz on the slate!

Lentz really "missed" in several areas.

My observations from last night:Spirit - like the energy. Would like to hear more Sweet Georgia Brown. They tease you a course of it and move on. Troopers - good for them. Like the show and the music.Cadets - visually fairly clean except for the props. Drumline is awesome.SCV - beautiful, classy. Love this show.Blue Devils - not my favorite.Carolina Crown - wow, amazing hornline. Totally dig this show.

The rest of the corps had some nice segments in their show. What stood out to me were SCV, Crown and Cadets.

Edited by JKT90

You know, I started this season convinced CC would beat BD and the Cadets would beat SCV. But after these Minneapolis performances I'm no longer sure. I'm growing less enamored with the second half of Crown's show than I was originally... I'm not entirely sure why, though. And I'm increasingly enamored with BD's show overall as the minor tweaks make the designers' intentions clearer over the course of the season.

It's more of a toss-up for me now. That is, unless BD seriously doesn't change the last minute and a half of their show... and assuming that BD's brassline gets its act together.

Well, ok...I think it just has more to do with the fact that everyone is playing ball at the same game for the first time this season. We've been saying for the last several weeks, "we'll get our first valid numbers at the first regional", and now we have them. They are what they are.

Lol; what you are saying is essentially the "layperson" explanation to what I said :tongue:

Zingali (of course) did the Crown show, via winter guard by Erte in ......1985.

Good job catching up drum corps, it's only been 28 years!

Still loved Crown's show and George would be proud!

I never did see and answer to this. What do you mean by this, Zingali wrote the rotating pyramid in Crown's show?