San Antonio Showdown

Another score to watch out for- Blue Stars 8th in drums. If they do that, there's no keeping them out of finals IMO

There's that, but there's also that GE is killing them right now. They were hit even harder this week by it than they were last. It's a big reason we're still talking about them trying to make Finals instead of talking about them overtaking Spirit as it looked like they might be able to do being only .1 behind in Minne.

It seems to me that Cadets may be sitting in the best place (if they can make their guard better some how). We all know how important GE is, and they won that overall tonight. And look at the rep sub that Joe Allison gave them (93).

Cadets are usually masters at late season cleaning, and the judges at least tonight determined they had possibly the best show of the top 3, but also the dirtiest. Can't wait to see what happens.

• Like 2

Im sorry BD SHOULD NOT BE WINNING VISUAL!!!!!!! performance maybe because their technique is flawless, but visual analysis and GE visual they should be 3rd or 4th....the drill writing is bad and they DO NOT INTEGRATE THE TUBAS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!! How can you be considered a top tier corps and treat your tuba section like a high school sousaphone section?....I am 34 and fat and can probably walk into BD's tuba drill with no problem. Integrating the tubas into the main form really changes the level of difficulty and it is something that Cadets and Crown do very well.

Im not saying BD is bad, I am saying that a specific part of their show design philosophy creates a much lower level of difficulty compared to their piers. (I am talking top6 corps) When they as close to their competition as they are this year, I believe that challenge should win.

Treat the tuba section like a high school sousa section? Cmon thats low, but I do see where your going with this one. It's just how BD does drill and in some ways it is better with all those poles around. By finals those tubas would be dented like crazy if they had that kind of drill.

• Like 1

And if DCI continues to ignore the fan base, what happens to ticket sales, merchandise sales, donations, etc.? I'm not at all calling conspiracy here, but the reality is the fan base ain't buying it...and the fan base has the $$ that keeps this thing floating.

There's no way in #*%| I'm buying the videos or CDs this year (and I've got all videos and CDs since 93) I just can't justify it with barely any musical or entertaining shows this year. I only liked about 4-5 shows in the top 15 if that

• Like 4

Also, I declined a comment on Genesis previously because it looked like they took a big tumble from the posted scores on here, but checking the website, things seem alright after all! If only something real could be read when you're the only Open Class corps there...

It's bigger than .1 and it is a consecutive result. That and people don't seem to ever like the idea of a good Concord corps with a good performance winning. doh.gif/> We'll see where this stands in a week, it's not like there aren't two other entire drum corps threatening for the chase.

And how many consecutive results did Crown have over BD as they left CA? At one point, the spread was 1.3 in CC's favor (that's 13 x .1). So BD is getting clean. Well, Crown is making changes, and the closer has not yet been added. and they have room to clean. I'm just saying, BD winning two shows in a row (happened early in CA, just before Crown went on a tear) means precisely naught.

It seems to me that Cadets may be sitting in the best place (if they can make their guard better some how). We all know how important GE is, and they won that overall tonight. And look at the rep sub that Joe Allison gave them (93).

Cadets are usually masters at late season cleaning, and the judges at least tonight determined they had possibly the best show of the top 3, but also the dirtiest. Can't wait to see what happens.

That is the way I'm reading the numbers too. They just need a favorable guard judge for finals.

And how many consecutive results did Crown have over BD as they left CA? At one point, the spread was 1.3 in CC's favor (that's 13 x .1). So BD is getting clean. Well, Crown is making changes, and the closer has not yet been added. and they have room to clean. I'm just saying, BD winning two shows in a row (happened early in CA, just before Crown went on a tear) means precisely naught.

I was entirely agreeing with you, I was just explaining the justifications that could be behind the freak outs.

I honestly think Crown's show is maybe becoming a bit stale for the members. They were performing it so well just a couple weeks into the season, I think maybe the cleaning is getting tedious for them (other than for the percussion, I would imagine). There is actually a few things I noticed tonight that didn't go so well, that have been spot on in every other performance I have seen this year, and there were many reports of a "off night" at their last show. Maybe they are working on some really specific stuff and neglecting some others right now... I'm not really sure. I think some changes are in order, not so much because the show needs to be massively improved upon, but just to re-focus the members.

• Like 6

I would hardly call that celebrating, judge trends are just that predictable 9/10.

Yea, well...check the "judge trends" after BD's first two wins over Crown in CA. Holy cow folks, there are three weeks left in the season! That's an eternity!

• Like 1