Allentown Word to the Wise

Musicfest is Awesome! I don't see why more people don't take advantage of this and make a week of their drum corps/music experience!

Drum Corps, Rock/Blues music and Dorney Park! Oh, And Food!

Absolutely!

I go every year for both. Musikfest by day, Drum Corps by night. Its such a great time! Opens up hotel options too. Not much in allentown other than the show. Bethlehem is a great time!

We used to go to Eagles training camp (even though im not a fan, its still fun!). But they are no longer at Lehigh U. for camp.

Go to Musikfest people!

When I went to Allentown two years ago, I camped at Hickory Run State Park, about an hour to the north.

stuff always opens up, but the closer to show days, the more rates go up

We always find a room in the Foglesville/Breinigsville area and there is a GREAT 24 hour diner there for yum yums after the show. Not sure if there is any left now or not. The Hilton there is great. I am worried this year because we switched from the Hilton to the Hawthorn Suites and I am seeing some not so great reviews online now. It is a great area though, if anything is left there and about 15-20 mins from the stadium.

We always find a room in the Foglesville/Breinigsville area and there is a GREAT 24 hour diner there for yum yums after the show. Not sure if there is any left now or not. The Hilton there is great. I am worried this year because we switched from the Hilton to the Hawthorn Suites and I am seeing some not so great reviews online now. It is a great area though, if anything is left there and about 15-20 mins from the stadium.

i planned to book again at the Hilton out there when I booked months ago, and saw prices way jacked up....and I'm a Hilton rewards member.

oh well, different hotel for me

• Like 1

i planned to book again at the Hilton out there when I booked months ago, and saw prices way jacked up....and I'm a Hilton rewards member.

oh well, different hotel for me

That was the same issue we had and why we changed. Over the past two years, there prices have went up about $50-$60 a night!