There's a show in West Chester?

Sorry for any confusion John.... DCI show in West Chester on 7/31. Reilly will be performing in exhibition...

My post was in reference to our GW # 3, if anyone was planning on going they would be seeing him there as he will be there performing with Reilly.

(then again, apologies if I missed the possibility of ignoring a Wednesday night DCI show.. shutup.gif)

I guess we'll (Reilly) see how the "reviews" go after West Chester..... Reilly is doing the exhibition and they have a special final tribute.

That should be quite interesting.

I guess we'll (Reilly) see how the "reviews" go after West Chester..... Reilly is doing the exhibition and they have a special finally tribute.

I hope it goes well for you guys.

Like I said, I'm a fan of all drum corps. But hey, there's a reason why shows like Serenade in Brass died

I hope it goes well for you guys.

Like I said, I'm a fan of all drum corps. But hey, there's a reason why shows like Serenade in Brass died

True. The loss of many of the competitive organizations that used to do their season previews at Serenade really made a difference then. Westshore, Blue Coats, Crossmen, Cabs, Bucs, I have to be forgetting some more that appeared at least once. Also, USMC, USAFA and USNA appearances rocked as well. Heck, the Alumni corps were almost a novelty at my first one in 1979.

Looks like sequestrations killed most of those appearances of the military corps for this year. Unfortunate.

I guess we'll (Reilly) see how the "reviews" go after West Chester..... Reilly is doing the exhibition and they have a special finally tribute.

Might be good ... I read on The Cadets site that Hop may try to "hop" in line with Reilly (it's mentioned in their daily schedule) ... you hear anything?

From their site:

West Chester, PA

WhenWednesday, Jul 31, 2013

8:00 am – Breakfast

9:00 am – The Day

9:15 am – Stretch and Run

9:45 am – Visual Block

11:45 am – Percussion lunch

12:15 pm – Lunch for corps and percussion field

1:00 pm - Sectionals

1:45 pm – Brass Stadium

2:45 pm – Set up

3:00 pm – Ensemble

4:15 pm – Eat and Pack

6:00 pm – To the show

7:15 pm – Arrive

9:10 pm – Gate

9:27 pm – Perform

9:45 pm – Hop try to play with Reilly Raiders

10:00 pm – Dinner and Pack up

11:15 pm – to Lawrence, MA

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

That should be quite interesting.

Well, Reilly is "Local", that might help. A lot of the crowd IIRC will be the kids and Directors from the WCU Summer Music camp. I did two of those in college, one as an attendee and one as a counselor to get to go to the Director's clinics for free and get some pocket money. Learning from Pete Emmons, Zingali, Mel Stratton, was a great experience. The show was also pretty good BITD. Saw Dagenham when they came to the US, VK in their prime, Freelancers, and the list of normal DCI culprits. Hopefully the kids will respond and enjoy it. In some ways a tougher crowd than Reilly is used to but they're up to it.

Ironically, IIRC, at least some of the better known Reilly members came up through Junior organizations like the Osmond Cadets BITD.

Hopefully, they'll have fun and so will the crowd. That's what doing the Alumni gig is all about. :satisfied:

Well, Reilly is "Local", that might help. A lot of the crowd IIRC will be the kids and Directors from the WCU Summer Music camp.

Hopefully, they'll have fun and so will the crowd. That's what doing the Alumni gig is all about. :satisfied:

W, I think you need to empty out your DCP messages inbox!!! I've been trying to send you a PM and it won't go through.

Might be good ... I read on The Cadets site that Hop may try to "hop" in line with Reilly (it's mentioned in their daily schedule) ... you hear anything?

From their site:

West Chester, PA

WhenWednesday, Jul 31, 2013

8:00 am – Breakfast

9:00 am – The Day

9:15 am – Stretch and Run

9:45 am – Visual Block

11:45 am – Percussion lunch

12:15 pm – Lunch for corps and percussion field

1:00 pm - Sectionals

1:45 pm – Brass Stadium

2:45 pm – Set up