Blue Devils Poles

Rumor has it that the Blue Devils white tree poles will soon become lit up LED poles.....

Go check out the lights at www.fridaynightbandlights.com. What are they creating "The

Lighted Enchanted Forest"?

I see a lot of people offering an opinion, but before I do, what exactly is the source on this? I'm wary of offering an opinion on a rumor.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1

The poles are already so bright white it is hard to imagine LED lights being very visible on them. Unless they are also covering up the white in the process with whatever backing the lights have. Or maybe they are translucent enough to illuminate from the inside.

For my own taste, they are already too bright. I have a hard time seeing the corps for the bright white poles, bases and plumes. I miss the pure, bad### look of deep blue, black and silver. But maybe that's just me.

• Like 2

If they could only make the poles plaid.

LED lights have made their way to DCA last weekend. I don't have pictures, but Atlanta CV's guard is using lit rifles, making for a very cool effect!

On one hand I think it would be a really cool effect indoors..

On the other hand, I think it would just be another layer of distraction on a show that is already full of distractions (for me, anyway).

Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

• Like 1

Were they actually bright?

Kevin Gamin said this: " There's some kind of reflective material on the rifles which really catches the lights when tossed, very unexpected in a good way."

I honestly have no idea how they look from the stands, since I'm performing right behind them. :thumbup:/>