On second thought...

I am interested to hear which corps’ shows/music has grown on you over time. These are shows or music that when you first saw or heard them didn’t really click with you but now are in your “must play” list.

For me, the one that has really grown on me is 2012 Blue Knights “Avian”. When this show started, I wasn’t sure where it was going. But by the end of the year it was pretty good. I wasn’t crazy about the rendition on the first couple listens, especially since I love Firebird. But now it’s one of my recently most played APDs! There are others too, but 2012 BK is the one that made me wonder what other shows were out there that have really grown on you, shows that weren't your favorite at first.

• Like 2

Most BD shows of the past few years. They haven't become all-time favs and I don't necessarily think they were all totally deserving of titles, but I'd be lying if I said they haven't grown on me. There are lots of great things about all of them that I didn't initial appreciate.

• Like 3

Recent examples I can think of:

Crown 2009, which early in the season I didn't enjoy at all, but by the end of the year was one of my favorite shows of all time. They did make a lot of improvements long the way of course.

Bluecoats 2010, which I just didn't get, even seeing it live. But by finals night, it was my second favorite show of the year.

Blue Devils 2012, which only came across well to me once I saw it live. I still nurse a grudge about the blabbering foreign guy, but otherwise, I absolutely love the show.

I agree about BK 2012 as well, it did grow on me, though not as much as these three.

Cadets 2005

Cadets 2007

Blue Devils 2008

Blue Devils 2010

• Like 1

Star 93

Suncoast 88

Madison 99

Star 91

Took me til after HS to really appreciate Star... 18 years later these two are my favorites

• Like 1

2008 and 2012 BD - neither have cracked my Top 10 or anything, but I do like them much more after having watched them several times.

2007 Cadets - the 1st time I watched this show I stopped about halfway through, it annoyed me so much. I was so annoyed that I would make other people watch it so they could be as annoyed as I was. Then, I was finally able to block out the voice over (to some degree) and really appreciate the music and marching going on. I think this show in Indy, with pre-recorded voice-over might work better and wouldn't seem as jarring now.

1999 SCV - I know, seems impossible, but the first time I watched it I was underwhelmed. It was late, I was tired maybe. By the 3rd time I watched it I was a huge fan. One of my all time favorites now.

1992 Star of Indiana

1995 Santa Clara Vanguard

1998 Phantom Regiment

2000 Madison Scouts

2004 Phantom Regiment

2004 Blue Devils

2009 Phantom Regiment

2010 Santa Clara Vanguard

• Like 1