Crown 2013 - Best Horn Line Ever?

Crown 2013 - Best Horn Line Ever?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Is Crown 2013 The Best Horn Line Ever?

They don't play in G, so no.

• Like 3

Yeah, this is a question better suited for after the season. My list of contenders for best horn line ever would contain some of the usual suspects and some that (I feel) are badly overlooked...

1989 Phantom Regiment

1990 Star of Indiana (even better than 91, IMHO)

1991 Blue Devils

1993 Blue Devils

1993 Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils

1996 Phantom Regiment

1998 Blue Devils

2000 Blue Devils

2002 Cavaliers

2004 Phantom Regiment

2010 Blue Devils

2012 Carolina Crown

wow...cadets not even listed once on your list?

• Like 1

Way too soon to say they're the best ever. Are they talented? Absolutely! But best ever? I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion yet.

Not sure how you get that. Crown won the Jim Ott last year and with the exception of Brandt Crocker's "CORRECTION, CORRECTION" moment...it was truly never in doubt. We'll see how this line stacks up numbers wise at the end of the season, but my god, the show last year just blew me away brass wise. They still have it, but there was something special about MMXII Brass

I meant the corps as a whole, not the hornline. Just misinterpreted what the poster meant.

wow...cadets not even listed once on your list?

There were four Cadet horn lines I really considered: 1994, 1998, 2000, and 2007. The Cadets just always seem to have the bad timing of turning out their best horn lines in years where someone else is even BETTER. There's a reason The Cadets have only taken High Brass at Finals twice in the past 25 years, as hard as that may seem to believe.

2000 Cadets was the toughest cut from my list. I think that was their best horn line of all time, even better than 2007. It's really a toss-up between them and the Blue Devils from that year though, and, while the judge had The Cadets by a tenth, I think I would have had the Blue Devils by a tenth.

• Like 1

Way too soon to say they're the best ever. Are they talented? Absolutely! But best ever? I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion yet.

Agree.

Yeah, this is a question better suited for after the season. My list of contenders for best horn line ever would contain some of the usual suspects and some that (I feel) are badly overlooked...

1989 Phantom Regiment

1990 Star of Indiana (even better than 91, IMHO)

1991 Blue Devils

1993 Blue Devils

1993 Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils

1996 Phantom Regiment

1998 Blue Devils

2000 Blue Devils

2002 Cavaliers

2004 Phantom Regiment

2010 Blue Devils

2012 Carolina Crown

I am right there with you on all of these, especially for Blue Devils (2000!) and Phantom Regiment 2004.