Best Era For Each Corps

Pretty straight forward; what era of years would you consider the best for every drum corps (folded as well)? Era's can easily range from 1 year to 5+ years depending but sometimes their most famous show wasn't in their best era. Era's can be determined on final placement, show design, staff, sections, etc.

The most obvious and probably most impressive, for my time, are the Cavaliers '00-'06. All their championships and leading visuals helped changed the game. 2002 and 2006 were the pinnacles for their era. 2002 design felt so smooth and flawless but 2006 might be the best member 'performance' I've ever seen and the members just as much as design made the show amazing.

Another would be Phantom Regiment '05-'08. 2005 is when they took a major step in design and I think that was the first year that helped lead up to their 2008 championship. I'm in minority here because I think 2006 was better than 08, but these few years you could see the shows develop and become more and more each season. I think 2006 is the 2nd greatest show the last 7 years but unfortunately for them I think 2006 Cavies was the best in that same time span.

Star of Indiana 90-93.

Discuss.

Colts 1993-2001: Only missed Finals twice, and finished 13th and 14th in the years they didn't

Glancing at CorpsReps, it appears that Cavaliers 1957-63 had a record that exactly matches their record 2000-06: five firsts and two seconds in seven years.

• Like 2

Troopers, 1960- 1973. Just historical domination against a huge amount of corps! There just aren't hundreds to compete against now!

Edited by mckdan
  • Like 2

Vanguard 1996 - 2004 is by FAR my favorite era for them. I don't know about best, but I'd die to see everyone of those shows in person.

Absolutely. However, they had to quit designing shows that powerful, because at each show when they were done performing, it took too long for them to get all of the thrown babies off the field and returned to their parents.

:babies:

Edited by cmathis
  • Like 1