Slotting 2013

... Is DCI getting ready to make their G7 move???

No.

I guess I'm just wondering how the Cavies are gaining on Madison again this year. I sure that the G-7 powers to be will do what ever they can to keep the top 7 from last year the same.

Amen!! You speak the truth!! G-7 will make sure Cavies finish in 7th this year just like they did in 2012. Oh wait.......BAC passed Cavies for 7th last year on Finals night. Nevermind.

• Like 2

I'm thinking the same thing. The recaps from Atlanta for the Scouts are really questionable...Is DCI getting ready to make their G7 move??? C'mon Scouts...you can do it!

Acheson: "Hello, judges! Welcome to our yearly secret Score Planning Meeting. Now, I can't help but notice you're putting The Cavies out of the top 7. That's gonna be a problem..."

Miller: "Dan, if I may interject, but not to worry: I've put them in 12 in Visual Achievement. Can you believe that? I can just bump that up a bit as needed. They only need one point to pass Madison."

Harper: "And I can add to that Dan; Kelly and I are ready to goose GE a bit as well. The fans'll never know what hit 'em."

Acheson: "All right then, problem solved. See you next year! All Hail the G7!"

All: "All Hail the G7!"

There are some problems with this scenario:

- Dan Acheson appears to be no fan of the G7 concept.

- There's no reason to think the judges are fans of the G7 concept. Few seem to be, other than the directors of the G7.

- The Cavaliers did not finish in the top 7 last year. They missed by .25, easily small enough for the judges to "fix" if they had wanted to.

- It wouldn't hurt or help the G7 for Cavies or any other corps to keep or gain membership in the G7. The membership automatically changes according to a formula as I understand it.

I'm no expert on any of the above, but the conspiracy theorists certainly don't seem to be either.

• Like 1

... Granted, I would love for the directors of Madison and other non-G7 corps to renounce future membership. Oh, that would be so cool! But I haven't heard of any doing so (have they?).

... Granted, I would love for the directors of Madison and other non-G7 corps to renounce future membership. Oh, that would be so cool! But I haven't heard of any doing so (have they?).

Boston is already in the g7. Bring MS into the g8/ g7 replaces Cavs. The west will have 2, the east will have 3 the midwest 3. no change. The two corps that are in line to break through are BAC and MS. Have a great day.

Boston is already in the g7. Bring MS into the g8/ g7 replaces Cavs. The west will have 2, the east will have 3 the midwest 3. no change. The two corps that are in line to break through are BAC and MS. Have a great day.

1) Can we stop using the "G7" name? Aren't we WELL past this? IMO anyone using that monicker and purporting to be posting factual information (as the above seems to be) have zero credibility because they're dealing with old labels that are far past their expiration date. I have zero problems with people (continually) criticizing DCI closed-door politics but if we must resort to dead-horse beating can we at least get our nomenclature correct?!?! Let's call them Music in Motion, or MiM if we want to resort to acronyms (they do make the internet go 'round). That's the corporation started by the corps in question, so we might as well at least make the attempt to START these conspiratorial statements factually.

2) No, Boston is NOT part of the "G7," Tour of Champions, or Music in Motion/MiM. I don't think there has been any legit public reasoning for this from either the MiM directors or BAC's directors, but they are certainly not part of the MiM: if Boston were a part of MiM they would have been performing in all of the MiM shows this season. Since they've not been performing in those series of shows, they're clearly not a part of MiM.

3) At this point I think we don't know what is up with Scouts' involvement with MiM. The organization seems to have steered away from placement membership requirements, so even if Scouts were to win DCI there is no indication that Scouts would join the MiM (or even be asked to join). Any such speculation is just fan-fodder

1) Can we stop using the "G7" name? Aren't we WELL past this? IMO anyone using that monicker and purporting to be posting factual information (as the above seems to be) have zero credibility because they're dealing with old labels that are far past their expiration date. I have zero problems with people (continually) criticizing DCI closed-door politics but if we must resort to dead-horse beating can we at least get our nomenclature correct?!?! Let's call them Music in Motion, or MiM if we want to resort to acronyms (they do make the internet go 'round). That's the corporation started by the corps in question, so we might as well at least make the attempt to START these conspiratorial statements factually.

2) No, Boston is NOT part of the "G7," Tour of Champions, or Music in Motion/MiM. I don't think there has been any legit public reasoning for this from either the MiM directors or BAC's directors, but they are certainly not part of the MiM: if Boston were a part of MiM they would have been performing in all of the MiM shows this season. Since they've not been performing in those series of shows, they're clearly not a part of MiM.

3) At this point I think we don't know what is up with Scouts' involvement with MiM. The organization seems to have steered away from placement membership requirements, so even if Scouts were to win DCI there is no indication that Scouts would join the MiM (or even be asked to join). Any such speculation is just fan-fodder

Boston last year was in the MIM or what ever shows. I do not know why they are not this year. Do you know?

1) Can we stop using the "G7" name? Aren't we WELL past this? IMO anyone using that monicker and purporting to be posting factual information (as the above seems to be) have zero credibility because they're dealing with old labels that are far past their expiration date.

The G7 is still " the G7 ". They can call their shows " TOC ", Music in Motion " or anything that they choose. But " the G7 " are the same. Just because you plead that the moniker goes away doesn't mean it will, nor should. And this " credibility " that you speak of rests with the G7. They are the ones it seems to me that need to repair their credibility. This only comes with time and with credible behaviors and actions. DCP'ers have no power, nor influence. Thus, their " credibility " is inconsequential to all this goings on.

Edited by BRASSO

1) Can we stop using the "G7" name? Aren't we WELL past this?

Why is this inappropriate? They called themselves "The '7'" as of January 2013. They currently have their own exclusionary subcircuit within the DCI tour. They are all co-owners of a corporation designed to serve as a replacement for DCI if necessary. What exactly is past? Why is "MiM" better? Nothing has changed. It's the same group with the same goals.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

Boston last year was in the MIM or what ever shows. I do not know why they are not this year. Do you know?

Presumably because the seven corps who are in the shows instructed DCI not to invite them this year. When DCI announced the 2013 schedule in November of 2012, this is what they said about what are now the TOC shows:

Special Series

...Carolina Crown along with Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment and Bluecoats will together host a string of shows across the country.

In the January 2013 letter to the board asking for full control over DCI, these corps stated that this series of shows was being run by MIMPA or its member corps, in other words, they had control over who got invited. They didn't invite Boston. Later, after the ultimatum was settled with a split board, the shows were rechristened "Tour of Champions" and apparently are being operated by DCI again, but without the #7 corps from last year.

Edited by skywhopper