Because I was responding to the post ABOVE MINE which claimed that the school facilities there were as good as anywhere. Sorry for the confusion.

Are you saying the facilities the Cadets staid in aren't as nice as they would be anywhere else? I never said there weren't bad facilities in the south. I said there were facilities in the south that were as nice as anything in the country, which is obviously true. (Despite what your biased article says.)

What is rude is pulling up an obviously biased article that leaves out all the facts to support your ignorant claim that southerners are stupid and hate education. That is beyond rude.

And you've just proven the POINT.

I never said "southerners are stupid and hate education"

Just like Hopkins never said "the south is a dump and I hate going there"

So let's all stop overreacting and attributing thoughts to people who aren't thinking them. OK?

• Like 1

Are you saying the facilities the Cadets staid in aren't as nice as they would be anywhere else? I never said there weren't bad facilities in the south. I said there were facilities in the south that were as nice as anything in the country, which is obviously true. (Despite what your biased article says.)

I'm not saying any such thing.

And you've just proven the POINT.

I never said "southerners are stupid and hate education"

Just like Hopkins never said "the south is a dump and I hate going there"

So let's all stop overreacting and attributing thoughts to people who aren't thinking them. OK?

Except that is almost exactly what he said.

So you don't think it is reasonable to take his comments as a commentary on "the South" ... even though he expressly stated that this was typical of "the South"? I don't know how else one could take it.

You probably should refer to my previous posts. He did an incorrect thing. But he also apologized for what he said. But some people on here are choosing to dwell on the fact that someone exercised his right to speak, no matter how ridiculous the comment was. And many others are using this comment as the catalyst to spread how much they dislike the man. NO ONE on this site is perfect and there are too many people posting like they've never said or done anything wrong in their lives. He's human just like the posters on this site. He will most likely suffer the consequences of what he did, but that's a lesson learned which he deserves. But some people on here need to stop trying to be the judge and jury for someone who made a mistake when they're not perfect themselves.

I'm not saying any such thing.

Then what is your point, and how is it related to what Hopkins said?

You probably should refer to my previous posts. He did an incorrect thing. But he also apologized for what he said. But some people on here are choosing to dwell on the fact that someone exercised his right to speak, no matter how ridiculous the comment was. And many others are using this comment as the catalyst to spread how much they dislike the man. NO ONE on this site is perfect and there are too many people posting like they've never said or done anything wrong in their lives. He's human just like the posters on this site. He will most likely suffer the consequences of what he did, but that's a lesson learned which he deserves. But some people on here need to stop trying to be the judge and jury for someone who made a mistake when they're not perfect themselves.

His right to speak is irrelevant. No one has a right to speak without bearing the consequences for what they say.

I nominate this for "worst thread of the season"...at least so far.

If BD wins finals, i'm sure it will get beaten out eventually though :devil:

• Like 2

When? Where? He really didn't.

He titled the post "Why I usually do not take the Cadets to the South."

"I am not sure why, or how, or who, or what ... but as the days get closer, it is coming to pass that our housing locations in Layfayette, LA and Ocean Spring, MS Are less than wonderful."

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2013/07/pa_band_directors_insults_infu.html