I've succeeded quite well in life in spite of those "horrible" infrastructure issues in the Magnolia State. Jimmy Buffett, Brett Favre, John Grisham, Cat Cora, Anderson Cooper, all seemed to do ok in life as well, huh? How about you just lock it up now son.

IRON CHEF!!! :devil:

His right to speak is irrelevant. No one has a right to speak without bearing the consequences for what they say.

His right to speak is just as relevant as your right to post what you post on here.

This is like saying most southerners eat fattening food all the time and sit on their porch in rocking chairs drinking mint julip. Obviously we know that's not true. But to say the majority of northerners have a general disdain for the south is untrue, and is not adding to the argument of most of you who are trying to make a martyr of GH.

I'm trying to make a martyr of GH? :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

(turning on Foghorn Leghorn voice) Missed my point son... missed my point....

What I AM saying is ignorance comes from both sides and stupid comments pointing the finger at each other adds to it. And I do see it from both sides here....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

There are more important things to worry about than what someone says about your school, state or anything else otherwise.

But, if you want someone to let you stay at their place, it's generally a good idea to be polite.

Hop is not some random person on the Internet, and this isn't some NY/NJ rivalry talk. Hop tearing down a whole region of the country on the Cadets Facebook page because of some minor housing issue that hasn't even been a problem yet(!) is bad for future relations with schools in the area and everywhere.

He titled the post "Why I usually do not take the Cadets to the South."

"I am not sure why, or how, or who, or what ... but as the days get closer, it is coming to pass that our housing locations in Layfayette, LA and Ocean Spring, MS Are less than wonderful."

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2013/07/pa_band_directors_insults_infu.html

Man...thats even less offensive than I remember!

I'm trying to make a martyr of GH? :tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/>

(turning on Foghorn Leghorn voice) Missed my point son... missed my point....

What I AM saying is ignorance comes from both sides and stupid comments pointing the finger at each other adds to it. And I do see it from both sides here....

Yet you chose to only respond to one of the people who thinks this thread is an overreaction. I see how you see it from both sides.

Edited by 2000Cadet

But, if you want someone to let you stay at their place, it's generally a good idea to be polite.

Hop is not some random person on the Internet, and this isn't some NY/NJ rivalry talk. Hop tearing down a whole region of the country on the Cadets Facebook page because of some minor housing issue that hasn't even been a problem yet(!) is bad for future relations with schools in the area and everywhere.

totally agree / hopefully it will just blow over and not be an issue down the road

Yep, same software for this newspaper as for my hometown paper.... locked my friggin PC up for 10 seconds like the home town does.

forget my comments about one of the posts.... saw another post by same person and *ugh*

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yet, there have always seemed to be problems getting housing sites. Why is that? It surely isn't strictly because one person badmouth a school, state or region of the country. Look, I get it. I've already conceded the fact it was in poor taste for him to make comments like that, but perhaps we should look at the ENTIRE problem as to why it's hard to secure housing sites for drum corps instead of what one person says on a Facebook page.