As someone born and raised in the South, and having lived outside of it for almost my entire adult life, I think I am correct when I say this: When it comes to perceived slights no one gets more butthurt than the South.

As someone born and raised in the South myself, and also having lived outside of it for most of my adult life, I could not possibly disagree with you more. I have never lived anywhere where people complain less, blame less, have more humility or take themselves less seriously. I'm not saying they are better than other people (and I rarely hear them say that) but just that they are very nice people and my experience has been quite different from the negative generalization in the quoted post.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 5

1374540705[/url]' post='3292071']

As someone born and raised in the South myself, and also having lived outside of it for most of my adult life, I could not possibly disagree with you more. I have never lived anywhere where people complain less, blame less, have more humility or take themselves less seriously. I'm not saying they are better than other people (and I rarely hear them say that) but just that they are very nice people and my experience has been quite different from the negative generalization in the quoted post.

Edit: Wow, I say something nice about the South and get 2 red minuses immediately. That says something about this thread right there!

This is dcp, we only want to hear the negatives! And yes, it certainly does say something about the people on this thread.

This is dcp, we only want to hear the negatives!

That, or we like to shoutdown/criticize those opinions that differ from those that we hold.

And yes, it certainly does say something about the people on this thread.

As does yours and skevinp's post say something about you. All posts, regardless of content, say something about the people that write them.

As does yours and skevinp's post say something about you.

What do think it says? I don't understand.

I seriously meant no offense to anyone. It is true that I disagreed with your conclusion, but I was only saying my own experience has been very different.

I honestly meant no offense to anyone at all.

What do think it says? I don't understand.

I seriously meant no offense to anyone. It is true that I disagreed with your conclusion, but I was only saying my own experience has been very different.

I honestly meant no offense to anyone at all.

None taken.

Southerners are indeed a gracious people. The point of my statement was regarding "southern honor" (if you know what I mean). It was not intended to generalize all people of the South (including myself).

ESPECIALLY "Band Directors" on Facebook!

Sorry, just couldn't resist having a little fun!

The perception of Hop and his FB posts are exactly what I had in mind. For Hop his online posts speak volumes, bad and good.

For someone who grew up in the NYC/NJ area, I just had Rita's italian ice for the first time. Not exactly sure WHAT it has to do with this thread, but there ya go. :huh:

• Like 2