I think of George as the uncle who embarrasses the family on occasion but overall is a sweet guy. I have never met him personally but he seems like a real nice guy. I like to cut him some slack. He means well.

• Like 1

and we appreciate very much your help in getting it to 42.

Really!

Insert snappy Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy quote here:

• Like 1

Whatever you do...don't forget your towel.

...or....

:smile:/>/>

And the one that really fits for DCP....

DON'T PANIC

s/ Guy who has 5 (or 6 if you count the non-Adams written one) of the "Trilogy..

Will South-Gate replace Hash-Gate in the collective memories of drumcorps fandom?

only if the following happen:

the corps plays Dixie as a warmup

he comes on the field in the General lee

He gives interviews saying "Git Er Done"

he's caught on camera spitting a wad of chaw out

he starts squealing like Ned Beatty if the corps is playing well

:tongue:/>

• Like 1

Then why would he avoid the South and not just a few school districts, States or schools?

At the risk of speaking directly for Hop or the Cadets (of which I have zero affiliation with), it seems that it has been a common problem of poor facilities whenever Cadets go to the south. If he had similar problems several years in a row going to the Canton, OH show I would be Hop would skip the Canton, OH show. I teach in Southern California, and there are a few shows that are near my school, but we routinely skip them due to poor venues, disorganized show-running, etc.

I think of George as the uncle who embarrasses the family on occasion but overall is a sweet guy. I have never met him personally but he seems like a real nice guy. I like to cut him some slack. He means well.

I think a more apt description of Hop is a guy who is super passionate about the activity, wears his emotions on his sleeve, and is prone to voicing said emotion via social media. For every "George complains about housing :w00t:/> or judging" type posts he makes, there are maybe double the amount that are either inspirational (an NPR article or stream, a poem, etc) or excited about a rehearsal block or performance from his kids. Just like all social media (including DCP), you take the good w/the bad. With Hop I would stipulate that he possibly double the positive posts as negative this season (EASILY: maybe more), where as DCP has a FAR more awful ratio of good/bad posts.

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 2

he did apologize - you've just chosen to not accept it or whatever. You also seem intent on posting over an over the same basic thing "this may/will damage future housing possibilities for drum corps" -- which we get. You've made this point what seems like 50 times now.

Well, when I keep getting the same responses that amount to "I'm not offended, so it doesn't matter" or "he apologized so no harm done" from various folks, or the same ones over and over, I feel the need to try again to make my point since it sure feels like it aint getting through. So thanks for validating me. I can relax now. :thumbup: