Yes

I'm also seeing some in here from Cadet alumni, do I need to point some of it out?

A lot of people bash the South, it’s acceptable for many

Don’t mean it’s right

Yes.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Yeah, Hopkins definitely did not mean this towards to people, culture or lifestyle of the south. Not sure why people are taking it that far.

Then why would he avoid the South and not just a few school districts, States or schools?

• Like 1

Living in the south and working with mainly directors that never marched and still believe corps trash schools, I've had to take a bunch of crap about what he said. Yes, there are some high school directors in the south that took offense. At the same time, these people wont let their kids march and don't take groups to contest. Parts of the area are still not drum corps friendly,

• Like 1

it has ramifications DCI-wide...

there are posts EVERY YEAR on DCP about corps looking for housing b/c they are having trouble finding something for various shows. If there is no more housing, there is no more tour!

There is no need to throw a fit b/c someone lower down the rankings got the stadium and you didn't.

Maybe it was intentional - it gives another reason for the G7 to break away from DCI - 'we G7-ers will do far less harm to your school han the DCI ruffians...'

I never met a conspiracy theory didn't like... :tongue:

• Like 1

The irony in using Paula Deen as a comparison for ANTI-south bigotry is so delicious that its...well, fattening.

Here’s one 2000Cadet

Whats the implied irony?

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be Saturday if GH lacked tact and DCPers remembered hey they hate that guy. The bonus this time is that the good Christian public in Mississippi find a Facebook post by a band director to be unforgivable.

But seriously -- I do hope this doesn't cause any additional ill will towards corps in general, when it comes to housing. Plenty of principals and athletic directors are already totally unaccommodating as it is.

here's another one for you 2000Cadets

where do you think he got that Christian bit, whats that about?

• Like 1

Here’s one 2000Cadet

Whats the implied irony?

Lmfao, dude, YOU'RE the one who called GH Paula Deen! How is HIS post a shot at the south when YOU brought it into the conversation?? :doh:

• Like 1

Here’s one 2000Cadet

Whats the implied irony?

You're joking, right?

Paula Deen is as 'pro South' as it gets, yet you used her as a comparison to someone who was biased against the south. Hardly a leap of brilliance on my part...in fact my quip wasn't that clever, but it obviously went over some folks' heads. The fact that you pick up some kind of regional prejudice in my makeup from that is actually stupefying...

• Like 2

Lmfao, dude, YOU'RE the one who called GH Paula Deen! How is HIS post a shot at the south when YOU brought it into the conversation?? :doh:/>

I havent been on DCP much for the past 3-4 years. I'm beginning to remember why ;)

Edited by euponitone

here's another one for you 2000Cadets

where do you think he got that Christian bit, whats that about?

Ok - at least you have a point there. Hardly devastating, but I can see it. So we know for a fact that Chris marched cadets, and got this anti-southern Bias from Hopkins???