Opelika.....pronounced Opalyka

As a resident of a town fairly close to Opelika, I'm very excited to see come back a little closer to south/central Alabama. The Gadsden show always seemed to be on the schedule as of late (plus the Huntsville show), and I was always curious if another fairly big city/venue would pick up a show. As a person pretty familiar with the area and stadium, I don't forsee this "selling out."

I'm not here to doubt the success of the event by any means, but this won't be a stadium filled up. Plus, I don't even think they can technically "sell out" anyways. If it got to that point I'm sure people would fill on the visitor side or stand in the endzone (but that won't happen). Looking forward to the show, and hopefully there will be a good turnout so show the activity it needs to come around these parts more often.

Been living in the Auburn/Opelika area since 1998. Still a lot of Southwind alumni and other corps alumni in the area who are very excited to finally see a show coming to our town.

A little info on the venue "Bulldog Stadium". It's not huge as far as sideline seating, and in the past there were no actual metal bleachers..just concrete "step like" seats. However, they just recently did a HUGE renovation project there that included a massive indoor football facility in one end zone, put in Field Turf instead of natural grass and added a big state-of-the-art scoreboard. They may have added actual seats, but I'm not sure. The other cool thing with this stadium being a drum corps venue....NO TRACK! The field is very close to the front-row seating with a small walking area, a fence and hedges separating the playing field and stands.

Should be a great time in Opelika on Thursday. I know the plan for the show organizers is to leave a BIG lasting impression in the hopes that this show will continue to grow.

This will be my first live drum corps of the year. Well, minus my own show in the DCA circuit. Anyway, VERY excited!

Do we have any more info on start times? I only have Spirit stepping off at 9:49 and then doing the Encore at 10:10.

Nothing on http://www.fromthepressbox.com/.

I want to say I saw an 8PM start. So, something like this?

8:07 - Pioneer

8:24 - Mandarins

8:41 - Jersey Surf

8:58 - Break

9:15 - The Academy

9:32 - Blue Stars

9:49 - Spirit of Atlanta

10:10 - Encore (Spirit)

EDIT: Found this same schedule on a comment on the Spirit FB page. Probably accurate.

Edited by SpiritVet

Anyone have any idea Spirit's rehearsal schedule today/tomorrow? I heard it would be posted on the FB page, but I'm not seeing anything.

Posted on Spirit FB page

9:30 Breakfast

10:30 Stretch

11:00 Block 1

1:30 Lunch

2:30 Block 2

5:14 Run

5:34 EPL

7:34 Warm up

9:34 Gate

9:49 Perform

10:10 Encore/Family time

12:30 Lights Out

Posted on Spirit FB page

9:30 Breakfast

10:30 Stretch

11:00 Block 1

1:30 Lunch

2:30 Block 2

5:14 Run

5:34 EPL

7:34 Warm up

9:34 Gate

9:49 Perform

10:10 Encore/Family time

12:30 Lights Out

Just saw this, too. Thanks

I say all this in fun, but it is the puritanical south.

Do they allow the Oompa Loompa in Opalyka ?