Mustang OK Scores

Oregons performance spot hurt them in San Antonio, in my opinion. Their show design is more mature than a good portion of world class shows. Get it cleaned...and the groups above them need to watch their back. Wouldn't surprise me to see them overtake Academy this weekend and inch closer to Colts and Pacific Crest.

Great score for Pacific Crest as well. They are performing their show VERY well this year. Really pushing for them to stay in 15th and get into the Prelims cinecast!

Great job Cavies!!!! Nice jump in score. Impressed to see they beat BAC in brass.

• Like 1

Love Oregon's show. After seeing it at San Antonio and again tonight, they've become the corps I'm rooting for the most. Such an energetic performance.

Oregons performance spot hurt them in San Antonio, in my opinion. Their show design is more mature than a good portion of world class shows. Get it cleaned...and the groups above them need to watch their back. Wouldn't surprise me to see them overtake Academy this weekend and inch closer to Colts and Pacific Crest.

Great score for Pacific Crest as well. They are performing their show VERY well this year. Really pushing for them to stay in 15th and get into the Prelims cinecast!

The Academy got 73.2 in Dallas. OC jumped right over them tonight with a 74.6.

Edited by luv4corps

Just keep in mind that scores from different shows do not mean the same as head to head competitions.

San Antonio was the first read for most, if not all of the judges. That also may have impacted the score in SA.slotting also did not help.

It was OC's first show in 2 weeks and a lot of all day rehearsels. They should start to close the gap ahead of them if they clean clean clean effectively. Not sure if they can move up to 16th, I beleive 17th is very possible.

The spread over Cascades has returned and I beleive they are still at the same gap to Blue Knights.

It appears to me that they have the most opportunity to clean their show compared to the other corps in the similar placement. Which, means if they clean it up, they can move up. But, they must put in the work. I think the lack of shows will help them more than hurt them.

3 solid days of cleaning before Atlanta should help. Good Luck OC.

This was a great show top to bottom. I'm not sure if I've seen Genesis or Music City before, and both were great.

A few thoughts:

- Nice drill by Music City. I commented to friends that one of their drill moves in particular (during the perc feature) was cooler than anything Phantom Regiment was doing this year. Somewhat in jest, moreso a lament for my favorite corps.

- Oregon Crusaders show was a bit out there (e.g., coffins, rocking chair), but I enjoyed it immensely. You can tell that they are wanting to compete design-wise with the upper echelon of corps. I liked their 2012 product immensely, and 2013 is strong as well. Also, we had a great rain shower this morning - if OC wants to take credit for this one as well, I'll gladly give it to them!

- I hope Pacific Crest is competing fiercely for a finals spot. A wonderful show full of melody.

- BAC was pretty solid. I didn't think the audio clips were very effective, and further didn't have a very "professional" quality to them. If this show is any indication, BAC is looking to do some more sophisticated shows than previous years (shows which I happen to like a lot).

- Cavies are so much cleaner than their first show. I think this is the perfect show for them, and it's a great concept. The pit-to-guard flag toss was off tonight, resulting in a couple guard members not getting their flags - I don't know if that happens often, but I could see it being an issue. The cloaks look a lot better now that the drill during the cloak section is cleaner. I thought the doomsday predictions of non-finalist were ridiculous then and are even more laughable in hindsight. I'd love to see this show wind up in sixth, but I think seventh is more likely - I think they have a better design and concept than the Scouts.

• Like 1

The Academy got 73.2 in Dallas. OC jumped right over them tonight with a 74.6. No shows for OC until Atlanta though... that could hurt their momentum... but of course gives them more time for cleaning.