Murfreesboro Mayhem

To answer the question: The poles represent trees in the forest, they also represent the quasi alter in the center where they hold the selected virgin that is eventually sacrificed.......feature of the Rite. The half circles are used by the guard, in part, to represent horns on antelope. The long dressed guard are the indian (russian indian that is) dancers of which one is selected as a sacrifice to spring. Many other guard represent, among other things.....the animals of the forest. This is an old, very old story....Stravinsky spent his youth in the region of Russia that told these stories and the music in the region inspired his Rite of Spring.

• Like 4

Really? Effective move. Tricked me!

How I saw it tonight:

Color Guard: Blue Devils, Crown, SCV, Cadets, Phantom, Bluecoats, Cavaliers.

Percussion: Cadets, Blue Devils, SCV, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Phantom, Crown

Brass: Blue Devils, Crown, Cadets, Bluecoats, SCV, Phantom, Cavaliers.

1. 93.80 BD

2. 93.45 Cadets

3. 93.10 Crown

4. 91.25 SCV

5. 89.90 Bluecoats

6. 89.75 Phantom

6. 86.95 Cavaliers

Sorry but could you explain why you put Crown in dead last for percussion tonight apart from the fact that Crown has been scoring lower than the top 5 corps in percussion? Their percussion sounded solid tonight and I definitely think they scored ahead of the cavaliers tonight.

Once again. BDs ridiculously good. Don't like the show. And no, seeing it live in San Antonio didn't change that.

That is cool. you are honest! + for you.

I like SCV and Cadets tonight a lot but wow BD just keeps changing their show and it's so good now!

To answer the question: The poles represent trees in the forest, they also represent the quasi alter in the center where they hold the selected virgin that is eventually sacrificed.......feature of the Rite. The half circles are used by the guard, in part, to represent horns on antelope. The long dressed guard are the indian (russian indian that is) dancers of which one is selected as a sacrifice to spring. Many other guard represent, among other things.....the animals of the forest. This is an old, very old story....Stravinsky spent his youth in the region of Russia that told these stories and the music in the region inspired his Rite of Spring.

The poles also represent "We bought a bunch of these a couple years ago and have to get our money's worth out of them" j/k.

• Like 4

My desk represents support. This cookie represents strife. The rug represents unity.

• Like 3

Sorry but could you explain why you put Crown in dead last for percussion tonight apart from the fact that Crown has been scoring lower than the top 5 corps in percussion? Their percussion sounded solid tonight and I definitely think they scored ahead of the cavaliers tonight.

It is getting better, I really do think it is. However, I feel like they are getting ranked really high right now. I couldn't decide of Cavaliers or Crown should be 7th. But, I really think Phantom is better than both.

Unlike some other Corps shows, nobody dies in their show this season either.

(Well... except a few in the audience are killed off perhaps, who knows. )

• Like 1

So many bitter people here.

Things seem to have been pretty positive, but if generalizing makes you feel better, you just go right ahead.

• Like 2