Fan Network

Ok, so what time do we show up at your house ?

I'll bring waffles

Mike - You are welcome here anytime! PM me for the address! Houston is not too far away.... :thumbup:

• Like 1

It's called "you're getting old!". Get your ears checked... :tongue:/>/>

Ok, seriously...with the exception of Stanford, the sound on the webcasts have been maddening. Poor mike placement, inconsistent levels and poor service. Who knows what technical difficulties the A/V people have been running into this year? I think a decent amount is self-inflicted, but I realize that anything live is fraught with danger. Seems as if the final issues on the shows individually are "fixed", so it sounds more like traffic issues with the network. A friend in Vegas had all kinds of trouble with the sound last night, but we were fine here in SoCal. I feel for them and you, but I'm not sure what they can do about it. Let's just hope ATL is dialed in!

I honestly think it is because "drumcat" is no longer on the Fan Network team. Someone else is doing the same job, but perhaps does not have the proper expertise or experience. Obviously this observation is speculation at best...

I honestly think it is because "drumcat" is no longer on the Fan Network team. Someone else is doing the same job, but perhaps does not have the proper expertise or experience. Obviously this observation is speculation at best...

Well, the correlation is obvious anyway. I think they are short staffed and perhaps aren't as attentive or as experienced as last years' staff. I loved that drumcat would drop by to update us on problems and/or explain things. I'm sure the new staff will get better over time. Hopefully. Most important thing to do is to express your concerns to DCI each time you have a problem. If they hear enough complaints they will start to worry about renewal rates for next season.

Last nights show was horrible for sound and other issues. Now I can't get scores from the Kalamazo show for the life of me. They jacked up my subscription by 20 bucks and they are not living up to it at all.

Excuse me if I missed it, but have we already brushed past the possibility of them just setting a lower fixed level in order to ensure the proper capture of dynamics without clipping in the recording? If I'm recalling correctly, they did have some issues with the audio peaking in earlier broadcasts this season. Maybe they're just playing it safe?

Hopefully they'll figure something out.

Is there Wi-Fi in Lucas Oil? With low seats I'm considering syncing a previous VOD to the corps real time to have the high cam on iPad to complement my up close seats. Wonder how well that could work?

Edited by MadScout80
  • Like 1