Silas James

pingasjones

Hello DCP community!

My name is Silas, and my music experience started when I joined my high school's band in my sophomore year. I didn't really know much about music before then but before I knew it, I was in the basics block and running tons of laps in order to get in shape! After my first year of marching band, I went to MetLife stadium for the Tour of Champions finale in 2011. Words cannot even describe my reaction to the phenomenon known as drum corps when I was introduced to it that day. My two favorite performances of the evening that made me want to pursue drum corps and music even farther was from The Cadets and The Blue Devils. The next summer, my parents helped me march in the inaugural year of the Cadets 2 D&B. The experience was just purely amazing and I learned to appreciate everything that I get in life. After that season I decided to take a year off in order to focus more on high school and other matters but that made me want to march in a DCI corps even more. I just graduated high school and I'm working hard at my job so that I'm able to go to college in the fall. My original plan was to major in music at a 4 year college but money is tight so I'm going for Computer Science at a community college. Music is something that I love so much even if I'm unable to go college for music.

So I'm asking for donations or sponsorships of any size to be used directly for plane tickets to California to audition for the Blue Devils. I'm not doing a video audition because I want to get the full experience and meet all the staff and other auditioning people. My page is http://www.gofundme.com/3r61n4, this is where you can learn more about me and donate money. I'm confident in my ability to play, march, and be a team player so I think I will do well at auditions. All of my free time has went to practicing on a tiny tuba my high school band director let me use and to marching in a parking lot. All money goes towards paying for plane tickets and tuition fees if I make the cut. If I don't make it, I will keep to my promise and use all of the money to march another drum corps such as the Cadets. Even if you don't donate, please share the link to friends and such. Thank you for your time DCP, I hope that some of you can help me achieve my dream of being on The Line!

Sincerely, Silas James

Edited by pingasjones