If BD Wins, We Riot!

Because the object of your scorn doesn't react to the way you are behaving.....does not make your behavior any less primitive, base, graceless and uncouth. In the same way if you flipped off a blind person, you would get the full "bump" of emotion from the gesture.....but the blind person would be completely ambivalent about it. :cool:/>/>/>

How many BD marching members are you speaking for?

Edited by Daave

And I'll accept this feedback you have from the BD's as evidence of how really ridiculous it is for those that are totally unconnected to BD to be so concerned with the booing when it appears the BD MM's themsrlves are not concerned and " think nothing " of it.

Will you do me a favor ? Will you tell former BD alum " Big Bad Bari " poster above here to understand that the BD Corps and MM's don't really care what audiences do ? If they don't care what audiences do, then others that are unconnected with BD shouldn't be concerned with what audiences do either. This way we can end this apparent unneccessary concern with the BD booing of late once and for all it seems to me.

Just like your previously mis-targeted post. You and others need to understand that this is NOT about BD at all......it's about those that feel disenfranchised by outcomes that differ from their personal taste and how they process those outcomes. B3 is animated, I've been there, but I have long realized that most of you on DCP (with similar dislikes) are comfortable in your collective misery. Your bluster changes nothing, least of all the scores, and drum corps will re-emerge in 2014 with the same hope and quality it has always had from the beginning.

• Like 2

Just like your previously mis-targeted post. You and others need to understand that this is NOT about BD at all......it's about those that feel disenfranchised by outcomes that differ from their personal taste and how they process those outcomes. B3 is animated, I've been there, but I have long realized that most of you on DCP (with similar dislikes) are comfortable in your collective misery. Your bluster changes nothing, least of all the scores, and drum corps will re-emerge in 2014 with the same hope and quality it has always had from the beginning.

There we go.

A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

(blame Billy Shakespeare for the reference, not me)

Edited by dapperpoet

How many BD marching members are you speaking for?

Interesting how when challenged, he never answers your question or most questions relative to BD but goes off on tangential philosophying to further signify his elitism with such expressions as "those of you on DCP", etc., the very attitude the original poster and others have expressed as a major obstacle to enjoying the present approach from less than Concord. Poor Plan, just doesn't get it. which is so typical of cult worship.

• Like 3

Because the object of your scorn doesn't react to the way you are behaving.....does not make your behavior any less primitive, base, graceless and uncouth. In the same way if you flipped off a blind person, you would get the full "bump" of emotion from the gesture.....but the blind person would be completely ambivalent about it. :cool:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

We are at least making some progrees here on this thread since its started. Look how far we've advanced :

We have agreed that BD staff and MM's " think nothing " of the booing, so there is no further need to be concerned with this aspect anymore it seems to me.

We are now only left with what level of concern we should now have for the few anonymous booers thst might come to DCI shows. I believe we should pay them no mind at all. I think they deserve no futher discussion nor even consideration. Anonymous rude people are rude people, whether they are ( as you said ) "flipping the bird to a blind person " or are seen flipping the bird to us as they cut us off in their car on the highway. We know these people exist. They are not going to disappear no matter how much we talk about them. We all here encounter rude and uncivilized people pretty much every day (especially if we live in large metro areas ). So whats the point of continuing to discuss booers here on DCP if the recipients of the boos think nothing of it at all ? We understand that uncivilzed behaviour, whether its booing , talking during shows, giggling on cell phones during show performances, or other rude actions that disrupt others in some manner are pretty much routine experiences we all get to some degree in large crowds, Drum Corps shows included. Why waste our breath on these people ? What benefits do we derive from giving them more consideration than they deserve ? Here's a novel idea: why don't we just ignore them altogether, provided their rude actions are not harming us in the audience in some manner ?

Edited by BRASSO

Your diagnosis is so insightful. Please know that I think most of my problems stem from the fact that my father never told me he loved me or bought me ice cream?

It's amazing to me that you condescend to us and keep coming back to this thread to straighten us out. It must take a great deal of humility on your part.

Edited by Granny Smith
  • Like 3

You and others need to understand that this is NOT about BD at all......it's about those that feel disenfranchised by outcomes that differ from their personal taste and how they process those outcomes.

What business is it of YOURS as to "how people process outcomes " ? Or how they " process " anything at all ? Do you have any idea how pompous this can appear ? It not my place to tell you how you are to "process outcomes ", nor how you are to " processs " anything at all for that matter. If the other person's " process of outcomes " does not directly effect me in some personal manner, and they are not family, then it is neither my place nor my call as to how you or others are to process things. Its frankly none of my business.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Interesting how when challenged, he never answers your question or most questions relative to BD but goes off on tangential philosophying to further signify his elitism with such expressions as "those of you on DCP", etc., the very attitude the original poster and others have expressed as a major obstacle to enjoying the present approach from less than Concord. Poor Plan, just doesn't get it. which is so typical of cult worship.

There are lots of "those on DCP", I was talking about a specific group of folks who are obsessed with changing obvious outcomes with rhetoric, because, like you, they are powerless to change it for real. Poor Plan is fine, he has no issues with any corps or their designs. Look to those that do. Also, I respect excellence (perhaps "worship" in your world) where the quality of the organization, design outcome and performance are watermarks and something to be admired.

• Like 2

I know I'm posting late in this thread and I haven't taken the time to read everything, but anyone getting upset over BD winning over crown or anyone else only need to look at Phantoms close finishes. Ya, there were a lot of tears and anger over consecutive photo finishes but life goes on. You only deserve to win if you win.

Edited by Phantombari1

What business is it of YOURS as to "how people process outcomes " ? Or how they " process " anything at all ? Do you have any idea how pompous this can appear ? It not my place to tell you how you are to "process outcomes ", nor how you are to " processs " anything at all for that matter. If the other person's " process of outcomes " does not directly effect me in some personal manner, and they are not family, then it is neither my place nor my call as to how you or others are to process things. Its frankly none of my business.

Certain not my business. But if your neighbor decides his personal means of processing his argument with you is to verbally insult your children as they pull up into your driveway. He certainly has every right to process his anger with you, but I'm my guess that you would find a need to respond in some way...is that an invasion of his privacy....entering into his processing domain?....and would your reaction be considered pompous. I (and others) are responding to you and others that have found it comfortable to insult a drum corps.....any corps.....where do you think you earned that right? And why does it give you comfort? Those are the more important questions you need to face.