If BD Wins, We Riot!

Nor did you answer honestly if you would be this upset if BD was placing 5th or 6th. Because that (IMO) is what this is all about! Period!

Would you like these shows from BD if they place 5th or 6th, Plan (putting your band parent thing aside)?

I doubt it, youd be screaming for change

I was just as supportive and pleased when the youngin' was in BAC....fighting to get past BK in 2007.....that bottom of the finals competitive group was where we lived and the top five was utterly out of our view. That's the way it is in parents/supporters world....proximity. And we were just as into it as we were in the BD years. No different. And honestly, I learned more about DCI competition and managing disappointment from my kid at finals 2008 than I could ever from anyone on these boards. It was a remarkable experience.

That’s touching and all but YOU STILL DIDN’T ANSWER THE QUESTION.

ANSWER ME

Just teasing there :tongue:

AnY way, it’s the placements that give validity to these shows and if these shows placed 5th or 6th I imagine they’d be far less popular than they are even now. All the BD folks would be freaking and you’d have none of the faux-art wannabe 12 years olds band-wagoning as a form of parental rebellion, teen angst

That's touching and all but YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION.

ANSWER ME

Just teasing there tongue.gif

AnY way, it's the placements that give validity to these shows and if these shows placed 5th or 6th I imagine they'd be far less popular than they are even now. All the BD folks would be freaking and you'd have none of the faux-art wannabe 12 years olds band-wagoning as a form of parental rebellion, teen angst

Oh come on cowtown,

Everybody knows that BD's shows don't influence any other marching unit on the planet. They're just doin' their thang...

Edited by jjeffeory

Where specifically among the things you bolded did she do that? The first things she said were questions, the others were subjective opinions based on her observations and consistent with observations many others have expressed, and which she has a right to express.

Please don't try bully people off the forums just be because they say things you don't like. I am interested in hearing everyone's opinion.

Bully Granny? What world are you living in? She's more than capable of managing her own debates.

Now, since you asked....questions....opinions....observations.....whatever the hell you call them, imagine them being said about your family. These are meant to beg assumptions and set up the possibility that these folks actually think that way.....why would she do that? She never has answered. It's just mongering and does no one any good, particularly the activity, and that kind of thinking is what caused the OP to starte this thread in the first place... IMO.

Edited by Plan9

Bully Granny? What world are you living in? She's more than capable of managing her own debates.

Now, since you asked....questions....opinions....observations.....whatever the hell you call them, imagine them being said about your family. These are meant to beg assumptions and set up the possibility that these folks actually think that way.....why would she do that? She never has answered. It's just mongering and does no one any good, particularly the activity, and that kind of thinking is what caused the OP to starte this thread in the first place... IMO.

most bullies don't even realize they are not dialogical but combative, and that there is quality life beyond being combative.

Y'all might want to clean it up. As we all know by now, big brother is reading this thread. And they might be BD fans. I wouldn't want you to have your tax return audited next year.

most bullies don't even realize they are not dialogical but combative, and that there is quality life beyond being combative.

They're not dialogical but they might be diabolical.

I agree, you can't talk logic to a bully. You have two options: ignore them; or, if that's not possible, then punch them right in the nose (physically or rhetorically). The only thing a bully understands is more bullying.

They're not dialogical but they might be diabolical.

I agree, you can't talk logic to a bully. You have two options: ignore them; or, if that's not possible, then punch them right in the nose (physically or rhetorically). The only thing a bully understands is more bullying.

especially if there are riots and no one has pre-alerted the Indy police about what's happening at Monument Circle.

That's touching and all but YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION.

ANSWER ME

Just teasing there tongue.gif

AnY way, it's the placements that give validity to these shows and if these shows placed 5th or 6th I imagine they'd be far less popular than they are even now. All the BD folks would be freaking and you'd have none of the faux-art wannabe 12 years olds band-wagoning as a form of parental rebellion, teen angst

I'm trying.......I"m trying.....I'm trying..............sorry, I can't imagine it! tongue.gif/>

IMO, the BD design team would adjust quickly. If you remember, they approached 2008 with no real understanding of what would result from the audience or the judges. They were just months removed from the love fest at finals 2007 and they began to fashion a new direction. My guess is that if it flopped they would have changed tacks and admitted absurdity.

I think the real debate here is not about popularity.....it's about what drives people to feel the need to say bad things about corps designs....to the point of suggesting they are giving the big #### you to everyone! It's nuts!

Now, since you asked....questions....opinions....observations.....whatever the hell you call them, imagine them being said about your family. These are meant to beg assumptions and set up the possibility that these folks actually think that way.....why would she do that? She never has answered.

No need to be overly dramatic and liken this discussion to us cursing your family. You sound like you're hyper-ventilating when you say those kind of things.

I think my description of you in this thread is a person who is overly defensive, partisan, self-appointed corps "father figure" who refuses to engage in the actual content of the discussion.

Can't you tell by now that your strong-armed tactics aren't repelling those of us with opinions? So, may I suggest you engage in the actual debate/conversation. Your feelings are duly noted.

• Like 3

You can perceive anything you want Jeff. People end marriages every day as a result of perceptions. People are fired as a result of perceptions. But many tiimes, those perceptions are wrong. I have no idea why BD designs the way they do, but it interests them and it's very beautifully done....and obviously effective. Just because you and others don't like their designs, doesn't mean that you get to shut them down and ram your opinion down our throats. They are 1 of 22 corps competing....why not just let them be different and be happy they are working hard to touch the non-traditional elements of design. I know you Granny and others would love to see them do their old Jazz shows with screamers and long grooves.....they're not....maybe some day...but not now. So try to appreciate what they are doing, wait for CC or Cadets or SCV or BK to touch your Drum Corps buttons...let it be.

well Plan, beautifully done is YOUR perception :tongue:/> . Now I'll have you know, I'm vocal about others with design that isn't as fan friendly as others also, because I'm concerned about DCI's well being as a whole. and given that BD is one of the leaders in a group of corps wrestling for money and power, I would think it would behoove them to be MORE fan friendly to back up their assertations about being "the act" while everything else is the filler.

If they want to be different fine...but then be prepared to hear complaints. It's human nature. Look, I'm a die hard Phillies fan.....and man I'm dying hard this year....but I'm so dissatisfied I've been #####ing about them more than ever, and god knows I've died hard every year not called 1980 or 2008. I'm a Cowboys fan in Iggles territory, so I've heard everything you can bash my Boys about for decades...hell, I've said manyof them myself....and I know it comes with the territory.

But with BD honks, you need to accept people don't like it, and stop being so over the top pro blue......you know, what you claim to do, but really don't. The more you cave in and jump to their defense, the more you fan the flames.

I don't have to appreciate anything if I do not want to. It's my money I pay to be entertained. I don't go see 4 groups in concert if I only like 1. and whats happening as BDisms keep creeping into the design of other corps, you find more fans dissatisfied.

Sure i'm sure bD would love to add #25 to their collection...but how cool is it in front of 8,000 people and there's only 16 corps left? If I'm paying $40 or $50 or $125 to watch drumc orps, I want them ALL to touch my buttons. Not just some. ALL. That's the big thing you and many others are missing.

• Like 1