Atlanta Review

That was the Georgia Dome's PA System you heard during BAC's show. They played part of a DCI commercial that was meant for in between corps' performances during Boston's opener and beginning of the ballad. I am sure it was startling to the mm to say the least.

Well then, that explains a lot. It was pretty startling on the upper deck which is directly below the speakers; however, you can't hear the PA on that field at all. The dome eats all sounds when you are on the field, so perhaps they didn't even notice. Big DCI fail on that part.

In that case, the amps were about the same as the other corps from then out.

Boston Crusaders

They win the loudest amplification award. Seriously, at one point it sounded like the Georgia Dome's PA system was being used as their speakers. In other news, they have a really strong corps. Visually, the program is pretty weak, though. Other than a few formations scattered throughout, nothing does much to sell the theme. The jacket change is a nice touch, but I must quote one guy around me: "Thank god, I was worried they got rid of the red uniforms." Also, if the hornline played like they did after the uniform change throughout the whole show, they would be easily above Madison or Cavies. As such, I had them in 10th.

I am not a big Boston fan, but the amplification was going through the PA... it didn't just seem like it. I actually think someone turned the announcer's mic on accidentally (which is located on the field right in front of most of the speakers in the pit).

• 10 months later...

So how would you all rate the sound in the Georgia Dome? I would like to see a drum corps show this year & this is the closest one. Assuming I get upper-deck, center seats, would this sound anywhere near as good as an outdoor stadium?

Debating whether it is worth trading a weekend with a co-worker, putting our dogs in a kennel, and driving 14 hours round trip. Way back when, the Atlanta shows were at Georgia Tech - not exactly the concrete horseshoe at Harvard University but pretty good acoustics.