Charleston Churrascaria

I think Cavies guard could make the difference in the end. I think the guard is still very strong and not far off the classic Cavies guard. I feel the corps has pulled their score down somewhat but now they are starting to get the credit they deserve and are consistently above Scouts (whose guard is better than it has been, but still not that strong).

[...]The other thing I think I'm crazy about, is that Scouts are DEFINITELY routing general horn playing through omni mics. I can hear the horn line play softly, but it is LOUD through the giant loudspeakers which were directly in my "hearing path." The PROBLEM is that (again, I have no basis for saying this) the sound of the speakers is KNOCKING DOWN the sound from the horns, literally canceling out the horn sound!

There was one section where the mic was obviously off and the horns INSTANTLY sounded about 10 times cleaner (and MUCH better , to my well traveled ears.)

This is false.

I think 17-20 points is generally seen as the go-to point drop between Open and World class. Unless you're Magic of Orlando 2002, but that was a freak case.

Fun fact though, at their own show by themselves, SCVC got an 86.4. So it looks like BDB doesn't own the highest score anymore.

While SCVC may have the current high score, they didn't compete against BDB last night. With the exception of the first few shows of the season, BDB has scored well ahead of SCVC. Need to have all the Open Class corps compete at same venue in order for the scores to be comparable.

BDB has an awesome, fun show this season!

While SCVC may have the current high score, they didn't compete against BDB last night. With the exception of the first few shows of the season, BDB has scored well ahead of SCVC. Need to have all the Open Class corps compete at same venue in order for the scores to be comparable.

BDB has an awesome, fun show this season!

BDB didn't compete against anyone last night either. Nothing against them, but they're not running away with this season. I know lots of people are proud of them, and they're very good, but they're not the only corps gunning for a title

• Like 1

With the exception of the first few shows of the season, BDB has scored well ahead of SCVC.

BDB and SCVC have met seven times this season. BDB won all these head-to-head matchups, but always by less than two points, and the first four times by less than one point.

(I do like their show and look forward to seeing it again Saturday.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Looking back on my last post it realized I sounded quite snotty. That was not my intention and I apologize. While I am a BDB fan, I enjoy watching all corps and know how hard they work on their shows.

I'm not sure it works as well as it could (I particularly don't like how--at least when I saw the show--the theme is first introduced on the synthesizer before the brass delivers it), but I think this music is supposed to suggest a nightmarish battle situation in which the soldier characters find themselves. A patriotic tune would be out of place, because that would suggest that their own country was the source of the horror.

I just did not find the chart itself up to the standards of the rest of the show. I really liked the percussion feature and closer, but NOBM was kind of blah to me as a chart. It didn't really sell as a 'battle situation' piece to me.