Allentown Newbie

Josh Early Chocolates :thumbup:/>

Folk music festival in neighboring Bethlehem takes place at the same time. Lots of crafts and some nice shopping on main street where the festival takes place. We always go Saturday.

Around 11:00 you can hear the Moravian brass choir play from the top of the bell tower as the festival gets underway.

Edited by shawn craig

Nic pic!, is there one for "soda" vs "pop"? I can't help but chuckle if I hear "pop" or would have to say it..

it's a sub.

then why does WaWa call it Hoagiefest? ( which runs til 8/24)

Sheetz > WaWa.

Also...this just proves how wrong Philly folk really are about this... :tongue:/>

Screen-Shot-2013-06-06-at-11.45.23-AM.png

except WaWa's ina lot more places than just Philly.

Of all the stadiums I grew up going to shows at, this is the only oneleft still running them. It's hard not to be nostalgic about getting off of 78 out byDorney, coming down Hamilton Blvd, and turning at the Ham Fam to get into Pineville. So many great memories....the rains in the early 80's when they brought the helicopterin to blow the field dry....the monsoon between prelims and finals in 86..seeing Cadets and Vanguard back to back in 87...as well as VK making you cry with laughter and Sky Ryders with tears that same year....91 and 92 Crossmen.....the rain in Cavies 93...watching Boston begin that push in 2000...Phantom in 08

remembering cookouts in the park, faces you used to see no longer with us ( RIP Steve Young and Ron Beyer, mayor of Pineville...the wonderful insanity that is the street below the stadium...the funnel cakes....

yeah it's not an air conditioned NFL erector set with a roof. the hill still sucks.parking has and always will suck.

but the lighting is better and no more splinters when you sit.

and....I can't wait to get there Friday

Don't miss out on the funnel cakes!! (sold at a stand inside the stadium)

Don't miss out on the funnel cakes!! (sold at a stand inside the stadium)

And those snow cones that are bigger than your head. My daughter can't wait to get them on Friday and Saturday.

Two things i always looked forward to in Allentown was the peanut butter cream pie at the dinner one block from the staduim ,that was till i ordered one to go and took it back home to Ct, After three days of having it i dumped it .Never had it again .The other is the pierogies in the staduim good with a little sour cream on the side ,but the vingar is not bad ,just not my frist choice on pierogies .Parking the night mare of Allentown I always parked on the other side of Hamiton Blvd ,and walked 6-8 blocks to the staduim there's also a hot dog place there that servies hot dogs with something like a slopy joe mix on them .If you can get past what they look like there not bad .LOL Being a native long islander we had hero shops all over the island .Plus its comes from the comic strip Dagwood . And i would never eat anything out of a WAWA not the cleanest stores i've ever been in UHG .

Edited by Florida Sun