We Are What We Are

It is documented that many current and former marching members in our fine activity have ties to Denton, TX; home of the University of North Texas. So when the Denton Record Chronicle Newspaper supports the activity it should give us great pleasure to know that the journalists and editors of that paper acknowledge the fact that we are what we are. Check out the title of this article and enjoy the rest of your reading!!!

It is documented that many current and former marching members in our fine activity have ties to Denton, TX; home of the University of North Texas. So when the Denton Record Chronicle Newspaper supports the activity it should give us great pleasure to know that the journalists and editors of that paper acknowledge the fact that we are what we are. Check out the title of this article and enjoy the rest of your reading!!!

Meh: I couldn't care less about verbiage in regards to labeling the activity. I think it's a pretty good article for (and likely written by) someone who knows nothing about the activity. Classifying drum corps as marching band is an easy way to give a broad idea of what the activity is without some long-winded explanation on why drum corps is different to people who will likely not agree that drum corps is very different from marching band.

• Like 5

My alma mater. (But I wasn't a music major.)

One of the most poorly-written articles on any subject I've ever read.

No background. No depth. No discussion of the people or groups involved.

Mis-naming the activity is just the salty icing on a bitter cake.

Yuck.

• Like 1

Let's be completely honest...the activity in its current state is much more similar to marching band than ever and the wide gap that used to exist doesn't anymore. A better title of the current activity is "Professional Amateur Marching Band minus Woodwinds"...

• Like 4

I don't know what your point is. That the activity is seen by many as " Marching Band ", both within and outside the activity ? You believe that this is somehow news to DCP'ers ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2