We Are What We Are

Let's be completely honest...the activity in its current state is much more similar to marching band than ever and the wide gap that used to exist doesn't anymore. A better title of the current activity is "Professional Amateur Marching Band minus Woodwinds"...

To quote Hop from 2002: "the Marching Music Idiom Fondly called, 'Drum and Bugle Corps'"

Let's be completely honest...the activity in its current state is much more similar to marching band than ever and the wide gap that used to exist doesn't anymore. A better title of the current activity is "Professional Amateur Marching Band minus Woodwinds"...

"Professional Amateur Marching Band minus Woodwinds during Summertime including Props and Synth and Keyboards"

Or, we could just call it "Marching Broadway Musicals" right?

It's like getting ###### when someone calls your Corvette a 'car.'

It's still a car... it's just a specialized kind of car called a Corvette.

I agree with Stu... pretty nice article. The picture at the top also clearly says "drum corps members."

I mean, you can get angry if you want. But keep in mind, the (arguably) best group in the activity is hashtagging themselves and selling t-shirts that say #PurplePantsBand... so, just fueling the confusion basically.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I usually describe drum corps as "club marching band" to those not yet initiated into the cult. Adults with kids on traveling sports teams usually grasp the meaning quickly enough: (1) not attached to a football team and/or military unit (2) not actual bugles (anymore) (3) really expensive (4) really good.

1375362845[/url]' post='3299665']

For what it's worth, I usually describe drum corps as "club marching band" to those not yet initiated into the cult. Adults with kids on traveling sports teams usually grasp the meaning quickly enough: (1) not attached to a football team and/or military unit (2) not actual bugles (anymore) (3) really expensive (4) really good.

Usually what I run into. I get the "what school are they from?" And one time "okay, this is cool and all...but when is the game gonna start"sad.gif.

Usually what I run into. I get the "what school are they from?" And one time "okay, this is cool and all...but when is the game gonna start"sad.gif.

Ummmmmmm, it is officially called a Football Field ya know not a Marching Stage :doh:

I don't know what your point is. That the activity is seen by many as " Marching Band ", both within and outside the activity ? You believe that this is somehow news to DCP'ers ?

Just havin' a little fun... which seems to escape you here.