West Chester Festers

Were any of you there watching the show live? Was it just and off night for the Cadets or did Crown really step it up? They are both great shows but the way a lot of posters on here say they expected more out of the Cadets which makes me think they had an off night. All I know is I'd much rather have Crown or Cadets take the title this year. I've seen all three corps and BD didn't do anything for me. Not saying it wasn't good but it was a lot easier for me to get attached to Crown and Cadets show.

You must really hate their show if you're warning us for a second time that you don't want to comment. At this point, I'm pretty intrigued by your perspective.

Not me - I'm happy to respect his reticence.

• Like 4

So the Scouts are improving, but the judges haven't noticed?

It looks like what is becoming an annual collapse in the standings is underway. In 2011, they were beating BAC & BK until Texas, then finished in 9th behind both. Last year, the Scouts were beating Cavies & BAC consistently early, but again dropped behind both and finished 9th. Now the Cavies are waving good-bye and BAC might, too. It looks like Madison will battle BK for -- 9th. Sure seems like a trend.

Maybe the Scouts need to add a lot more "difficulty for the sake of difficulty" and weirdness to their show. That's what the judges go for these days.sad.gif/>

It is so obvious. Third year in a row that this has happened to the Scouts. I had hoped that DCI might not screw them this year; considering it is their 75th anniversary. But, I guess I had false hopes...like I do at the beginning of every season.

• Like 2

Hop said there was a pretty major ensemble tear in Symphony 1. How much that affected scores, who knows. I was still hoping for a silver medal in Indy, but I'm not sure that will be happening. We'll see how things look after the sun sets on Sunday.

1 Carolina Crown 93.650

2 The Cadets 92.700

3 The Cavaliers 87.250

4 Madison Scouts 86.800

5 Crossmen 82.500

6 Jersey Surf 71.550

Read more: http://www.dci.org/s...b#ixzz2agDDplkO

Congrats Cavaliers!

Hoping for both The Cavaliers and THE Madison Scouts to break '90 and beyond this year at finals! thumbup.gif

Am I the only one who REALLY likes the Cavaliers show? Besides the obvious issues there is some GREAT drum corps going on! I mean if a different corps, say, Pacific Crest was doing this show, it would be phenomenal right? I'm a big fan of it and actually enjoy it more than most Cavaliers shows personally. I dunno. If you look past the issues, which are getting smaller as the season goes on, it's a gem that has been cast off by most.

Oh, I really liked their show and performance. I was just commenting on the things I felt were issues. They have made incredible strides since I saw them in the theater early season.

Yeah...not good for cadets. You cant be losing all but one caption and expect to win at finals. They need a few judges in different areas to buy into them as being the best at SOMETHING, (preferably GE), but that hasn't really happened since san antonio

I just got home and saw the scores. I was thinking about a point or so while driving home; I actually would not have been surprised if the spread were a little larger than that. Crown seemed REALLY hot tonight.

For the Cadets to be this close with a performance that IMO was not as strong as Crown's....they still have a shot, though it is not a sure thing.

Not me - I'm happy to respect his reticence.

Ray...saw the Crossmen and paid special attention to a certain synth player...great job!

I enjoyed them this year a lot..far more than last year. I loved how they ended in a Peace Sign, like a certain corps I marched with did all three years I marched...70, 71 and 72. :smile:/>

The protest thing is not really my bag, bur the kid seem to be getting into the show and are selling it quite well.

• Like 1

It is so obvious. Third year in a row that this has happened to the Scouts. I had hoped that DCI might not screw them this year; considering it is their 75th anniversary. But, I guess I had false hopes...like I do at the beginning of every season.

I thought the placements and spread (the old 'rank and rate') was pretty accurate between them and the Cavies.I loved the percussion feature, and I REALLY loved the closer, but Bald Mountain chart just kind of sat there.