West Chester Festers

I drove up from Charlestown, WV last night doing my annual Drum Corps road trip to see my favorite corps. This was my first time in West Chester and as always the corps rocked.

No one has mentioned Jersey Surf so I though I would bring them up. I love these guys from the simple fact of their attitude, they have fun doing the show. The best part for me was the Aretha Franklin impersonator. I nearly fell out of my seat, but I couldn't, I was too tightly packed into the stands.

My only criticism is that the venue is not that great. I was in the middle section in the purple chairs and I really got to know the people sitting next to me, in front of me and behind me. Fortunatlely I am a skinny guy and can fit, almost. I think it was during the Crossmen, the pit crew put their generator too close to stands and I did not get to enjoy the show as I was trying not to get asphyxiated from the exhaust.

In Allentown for the weekend praying the weather will cooperate.

Andrew

I drove up from Charlestown, WV last night doing my annual Drum Corps road trip to see my favorite corps. This was my first time in West Chester and as always the corps rocked.

No one has mentioned Jersey Surf so I though I would bring them up. I love these guys from the simple fact of their attitude, they have fun doing the show. The best part for me was the Aretha Franklin impersonator. I nearly fell out of my seat, but I couldn't, I was too tightly packed into the stands.

My only criticism is that the venue is not that great. I was in the middle section in the purple chairs and I really got to know the people sitting next to me, in front of me and behind me. Fortunatlely I am a skinny guy and can fit, almost. I think it was during the Crossmen, the pit crew put their generator too close to stands and I did not get to enjoy the show as I was trying not to get asphyxiated from the exhaust.

In Allentown for the weekend praying the weather will cooperate.

Andrew

I am pretty sure I was directly behind you, also asphyxiating from the fumes. The venue used to be good before YEA started selling more tickets then there are seats. As for the purple chairs, if you can remember what it felt like sitting in a high chair at a diner as a kid - well, you get the point. They need to go ASAP.

They've peaked, and Cavies show with more depth and demand continues to improve and has passed them up, as was predicted by many posters on DCP earlier in the season. It's as simple as that.

Doesn't answer the question, but thanks.

• Like 2

I watched him at that rehearsal as well as during the show. Eric Landis was showing him some stickings he kept missing, but George held his own quite nicely.

Also noted is Mark Thurston in the line.

Robbie Robinson and Bill Kaufman were among the other notables, too!!!

I am pretty sure I was directly behind you, also asphyxiating from the fumes. The venue used to be good before YEA started selling more tickets then there are seats. As for the purple chairs, if you can remember what it felt like sitting in a high chair at a diner as a kid - well, you get the point. They need to go ASAP.

I've been to West Chester twice for drum corps shows. In 2009 I watched from the side parking lot.

22563_298953225882_1554685_n.jpg

In 2010 I sat in the purple chairs.

overcrowded-brazil-religious-festival.jpg

I preferred my 2009 seats.

• Like 1