Best brass soloist of 2013?

1. BD flugel

2. Cadets mello

Agreed - he is INCREDIBLE - such a wonderful, warm, effortless sounding sound

She is also a very special soloist - wonderful tone and emotion, and she's quite young so expect her back for several seasons!

........... and I want to say this as nicely as I can, but she is gorgeous as well. She is let's just say very fit!

She seems to like to exercise during rehearsal downtime, from my perspective at the Durham practice -- talented AND fit.

• Like 1

Technique and ability alone, the award of best soloist hands down goes to David Reaver of The Blue Devils. I was able to have him in my section my last season of Pacific Crest (I believe it was his rookie year.) But even then, his quality of sound was unmatched by most of the section. He has grown into quite a player and I can't wait to hear what he has in store for the I&E competition (that is if he competes).

Despite the majority of his solos are played into a mic, I can vouch that he is one of the more talented Trumpeters in the activity this year, not to put down any of the other players, but he's that good. Wish he was playing for my team! :P But he's creating a wonderful vibe for the Re:Rite of Spring.

Cavies pic. Trumpet solo in the closer... I might be a sucker for Star Trek music, but I thought he sounded pretty darn good in Houston

Highlight of the show IMO. I like it on the Piccolo Trumpet better than I like the soundtrack version

• Like 1

5th year age-out. She's one of the three writing the "Trio's Tales" tour journal on regiment.org.

Thanks. It is nice to have a face, name, and background to associate with the great sound.

Technique and ability alone, the award of best soloist hands down goes to David Reaver of The Blue Devils. I was able to have him in my section my last season of Pacific Crest (I believe it was his rookie year.) But even then, his quality of sound was unmatched by most of the section. He has grown into quite a player and I can't wait to hear what he has in store for the I&E competition (that is if he competes).

Despite the majority of his solos are played into a mic, I can vouch that he is one of the more talented Trumpeters in the activity this year, not to put down any of the other players, but he's that good. Wish he was playing for my team! :P But he's creating a wonderful vibe for the Re:Rite of Spring.

He's won I&E a few times too right? He left PC before I got there but he was a legend.

He's won I&E a few times too right? He left PC before I got there but he was a legend.

I believe he's one I&E once, and I don't know about legend! But yes, he's a very talented performer!