Open Class Finals

First off, you come across as a 13 year old fanboy.

Second, there is a comparison and many judges over the course of the season chose Vanguard Cadets over BDB in their respective captions.

Third, when one considers content when evaluating the 2 groups, the Vanguard Cadets more than hold their own (especially in guard and brass).

Both groups were strong this year. Your group lost.

Thanks for telling us to "watch out for BDB". Perhaps you might have done the same for your California counterparts....

There is no comparison! BDB's show was so intense it's not even funny.

• Like 3

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I thought that BDB was the best show out there (of course I am biased since my kid is in that corps thumbup.gif , SCVC came back and won the title. Congratulations to SCVC! While it was disappointing as a BDB fan, to see joy and happiness on the SCVC's faces made me come back to reality. They worked just as hard, competed just as hard and wanted it just as much as BDB. Again, congratulations!

• Like 2

SCVC got hit with a penalty because of their warm-up spot. The first four corps on any given day are allowed to warm-up at Lucas Oil, and the 5th corps is required to go to Military Park. Since SCVC was at the stadium already using the shower facilities, they were given permission from a few officials to warm up at the stadium. Since they were the 5th group on Friday, this order was rescinded, and Cadet Corps got a half-point penalty for it.

Without that penalty, they would have beaten BDB and tied with Academy for the 19th position.

• Like 1

So SCVC got penalized for DCI's mistake?

• Like 1

So SCVC got penalized for DCI's mistake?

Yes and no. They got permission from some officials, but not from Acheson, so it was a mistake on a few people's parts. Cadet Corps should have warmed up in Military Park, but they were let slide because they were at the stadium very early to use the facilities there. Not sure if DCI caught the mistake, or if someone else complained about it, but it is what it is. Not like they're going to go scratch their name off of the trophy because of it.

The only way someone gets penalized for something like that, is if someone from another corps says something. I mean if they are at the stadium using the showers, why would you send them over to the park to warm up. Sounds like some petty B.S. to me.

• Like 1

The only way someone gets penalized for something like that, is if someone from another corps says something. I mean if they are at the stadium using the showers, why would you send them over to the park to warm up. Sounds like some petty B.S. to me.

Bingo. That is what happened

• Like 1

quote name='fsubone' timestamp='1377119715' post='3315944']

Golly. Kind of like the 75 'chachos. But different.

Boo - feel free to jump in here as you were a witness in '75...

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Golly. Kind of like the 75 'chachos. But different.

Boo - feel free to jump in here as you were a witness in '75...

It's so WAY different I can't even begin to compare the two scenarios.