In 1 sentence - what 1 thing would you change about DCI?

Return of G bugles so I can hear and feel the sound of the horn line and the music.

No more electronics.

No more dancing, Pilate's, yoga horn lines....that's what the color guard is for.

No more instrument or sticks thrown down at the side of your body, shoulder in my direction, head up and legs apart as the universal band geek sign of bad ### and squatting like you need to go and right now.

I wanted to get a thread and 1 sentence to get clarity of as to what people are wanting to change. Hope you will participate.

Edited by alumniof
  • Like 5

"All auditory (sound) contributions to the show shall be generated by acoustic percussion instruments, bell-front valved brass, or voice; additionally, amplification shall be applied only to grounded front ensemble instruments or persons singing/speaking solos or playing solos on rules-allowed instruments."

(no more synth support, no voice overs, no synthetically generated sound samples, etc. For me, this would restore the quality of sound that makes this activity so incredibly powerful and distinct.)

• Like 3

That's a hard one. One thing I would change about DCI...I would like to see, post season, interviews with the judges on what they saw and why the scored as they did. Further enlighten fans as to specifics on how they determine content and achievement. Perhaps an online chat too with the head of judging. I think that would go a long way in showing transparency as well as an educational benefit for those of us who do not judge.

<div><br></div><div>The other thing I would do is implement, as a totally separate deal, a Fan Vote. For $xx.xx you sign on, create a user id/password and rank the corps for each regional contest...the results are tallied up and announced before the official scores are read. (Or some tweak on that, but the idea is a Fan Vote). </div>

Edited by JKT90
  • Like 3

Requirement that judges recuse themselves from judging the work of their personal friends and/or co-workers at DCI, band, and WGI programs.

Then again, that would require going out and replacing about half of the judging roster. tongue.gif

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 7

Requirement that judges recuse themselves from judging the work of their personal friends and/or co-workers at DCI, band, and WGI programs.

Then again, that would require going out and replacing about half of the judging roster. tongue.gif

It is DC International...maybe all the finals judges should be from abroad...not having seen or judged any of the finalist corps up to that point...

No synths, No voice, no dancing hornline or drumline, more equipment work/less prancing from the guard.

• Like 3