In 1 sentence - what 1 thing would you change about DCI?

It wouldn't take much for them to just ask the audience on site to text their choice to a phone number and give a fan favorite every show. At least the audience will feel they have a voice that us relevant and valid and maybe corps will start designing for the audience and not the judge.

Transparency in the judging system. If Judge A gives the Appleknockers a 16.1 in percussion and gives the Kilties a 17.3 I want to know why! Publish the sheets or judges comments so WE the dumb audience can see where the deficiencies are.

Scores are not just a number. WHY?

• Like 1

Transparency in the judging system. If Judge A gives the Appleknockers a 16.1 in percussion and gives the Kilties a 17.3 I want to know why! Publish the sheets or judges comments so WE the dumb audience can see where the deficiencies are.

Scores are not just a number. WHY?

There are no sheets or written commentary anymore. It's just a tape (digital recording) and a number. And, of course, whatever discourse follows in the post-show critique (when they have 'em).

Put an end to talk of returning to G bugles because I have ears and an understanding of intonation.

What? You asked!

:tongue:/>

Maybe it was the actual bugles I played, but we played just fine on them. In the right hands, the instrument performed great. I think Star played on bugles up until 90 or 91? Can someone confirm? There were some amazing sounds on those instruments .... they weren't all pieces of crap. And just curious .... did you ever get to hear some of the great groups of the 80's and 90's that played on G bugles? Not being condescending, just asking ...

Return of G bugles so I can hear and feel the sound of the horn line and the music.

No more electronics.

No more dancing, Pilate's, yoga horn lines....that's what the color guard is for.

No more instrument or sticks thrown down at the side of your body, shoulder in my direction, head up and legs apart as the universal band geek sign of bad ### and squatting like you need to go and right now.

I wanted to get a thread and 1 sentence to get clarity of as to what people are wanting to change. Hope you will participate.

Ban the corps from using any electronic devices

• Like 1